02.

[CHAPTER TWO : NEW BEGINNINGS]

     As Rory and Bella walked into the kitchen at the Inn, Rory called their mother, and once they both spotted her and Sookie, they walked up to them both.

"What's happening?" Bella asked, once seeing the oddly happy looks on both of their faces.

"You're happy" Rory pointed out.

"Did you do something slutty?" Bella asked.

"I'm not that happy." Their mother replied, which caused her and Sookie to start laughing like crazy people, while Bella and Rory looked at each other with suspecting looks on their faces.

"Here," Lorelai said, handing them both a bag.

"What's going on?" Rory asked.

"Open it!" Lorelai ordered.

When Bella opened the bag, she took out a very long plaid skirt, "Are you sending us to the nuns?" Bella asked with concern.

"God no." Her mother replied.

"We're going to be in a Britney Spears video?" Rory asked.

"You're going to Chilton!" Sookie blurted out, "Oh, sorry."

"Mom?" Rory and Bella asked simultaneously.

"You did it, babes. You got in."

"How did this happen?" Rory asked while Bella asked, "You didn't... with the principal, did you?"

"No, honey, that was a joke," Lorelai explained. "They have two open spots. You're going to start on Monday."

"Really?" Rory asked excitedly.

"Really!" Lorelai responded.

"I don't believe this. Oh my god! I'm going- We're going to Chilton!"

"Yeah," Lorelai said happily as her two daughters went to hug her.

"Sookie! We're going to Chilton!" Rory said.

"I'll make cookies." She announced. "Protestants love oatmeal."

"I have to call Lane," Rory said walking away but then going back to hug her mom again. "I love you."

"I love you."

"I'm going to Chilton!" Bella exclaimed, jumping around in the kitchen holding her mom's hands. "I'm so excited!"

----

Rory had forced Bella into trying on their new uniform skirts. As they both walked out onto the front porch, Bella asks, "How do we look?" As she gave a little playful twirl while Rory just stood there.