14.

[CHAPTER FOURTEEN : SWEET SIXTEENS]

Your birthday is meant to be celebrated in a way that is just for you, in your group anyway

Your birthday is meant to be celebrated in a way that is just for you, in your group anyway. With Bella and Rory being twins, it wasn't just for one or only for the other, it was for both of them. They accepted it their whole lives because they always enjoyed the parties where practically the entire town came and celebrated them. But this year was different. Their birthday fell on a Friday, which meant that it was to be celebrated at their grandparents.

Emily Gilmore decided that it would be a great idea to host a party for the girls at their house. Although this wasn't what either of the girls wanted, they both saw that this was what their grandmother wanted, and they wanted to make her happy. That and they didn't actually have a choice in the matter.

Bella didn't mind her grandmother throwing her and Rory a party and completely taking over their day until she got to school on Monday.

Bella closed her locker and nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw Tristan leaning against the lockers holding an envelope in his hands. Bella stared at him with wide and slightly tired eyes asking after seconds of silence, "Whatchu got there?"

"An invitation."

"To what?" Bella asked in response to his vague answer.

Tristan gave her a smirk and opened the card to begin reading the invitation, "On Friday, at 4:03 in the morning Isabella--"

"What the hell is that?" Bella cut him off and grabbed the card from out of his hands to read it. 

"Who else got these?"

"I don't know. Everyone in our class, I think." He replied.

"You have got to be kidding me," Bella said, closing her locker. "I have to go find Rory."

"Alright. Well, I'll see you on Friday, birthday girl!" Tristan sent her off, suddenly feeling kind of bad for the girl who he knew didn't like much of a crowd.

"See ya," Bella said in an annoyed tone, going to find Rory.

Bella spotted Rory walking extremely slow, also holding one of the cards. "Hey, have you seen these?" Bella asked angrily.

"Yeah, I did. I can't believe Grandma would do this to us."

"I can't believe this is happening. You know she probably sent them out to everyone in our grade? This is bullshit, I can't believe I agreed to this." Bella said, going on a rant.

"Calm down."

"No, I will not calm down. I hate mostly everyone at this dumb school, and now I have to spend our birthday with them."

"Bella, it's just one day. We'll get through it, and then the next day we get to celebrate with all the people we love. It'll all work out in the end."

"It better," Bella said and stormed off.

She knew she was overreacting, but she was still hurt. She didn't like it when people talked about her and her sister negatively. Bella didn't want this unnecessary attention.

---

When school ended, Bella went straight home, whereas Rory went to Luke's to meet up with their mom. Bella wasn't in the mood to talk, as she was in a bad mood, and she knew that Rory would explain it to their mother.

Bella immediately grabbed some food out of the fridge and started doing her homework when she heard the phone ring.

She groaned loudly and grabbed the phone. "Hello?" She said grumpily.

"Bella?"

Bella flinched when she heard who's the voice it was. "Tristan?"

"The one and only." He said.

"Why are you calling? Not that it's not great and all I was just--" He cut her off.

"I just called because I wanted to see if you were okay is all. You looked pretty pissed after I showed you the invitation, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything." He explained.

"No, it wasn't you, you didn't do anything. I just wasn't expecting that was all."

"What weren't you expecting?"

"The whole school to be invited to my stupid birthday party," Bella told him.

"Oh. Why is it a problem?"

"I guess it's not..." Bella said in an unsure tone.

"You sound pretty bothered by it if you ask me," Tristan pointed out.

"I just wish my grandmother would've told Rory and me instead of just sending the invitations out without warning. I was perfectly fine with the random old people they would've invited, but not the people I have to see at school every day who don't even like me."

"Who says they don't like you?"

Bella rolled her eyes. "The dirty looks they give me in the hallways, just everything about their body language around me, shows that they don't enjoy my presence. And now they're all going to be forced to come to a party that I don't even want to have."

"Ignore them. They're irrelevant. They're lucky they can even stand in your presence. You are so much more than them."

"No, I'm not Tristan, but I appreciate that you're trying to make me feel better," Bella said sadly. 

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to do my homework. I'll see you tomorrow Tristan." Bella hung up on Tristan before he could say anything else. She felt like crying, but she held herself together.

Bella thought that maybe she was being a bit dramatic, but it was embarrassing that her grandmother did this. She didn't like this kind of attention, and all the attention that she had gotten at Chilton had been negative. She desperately wanted to go back to Stars Hollow High, but she couldn't do that to her mother. Her mom was making so many sacrifices for her and Rory to be attending this school, so she had to deal with it. She thought that maybe with time, things could get better. She hoped that it would.