17.

Hey everyone, before I start this chapter, I wanted to ask y'all if you could maybe comment more. I really enjoy reading the comments you guys leave on certain parts, and it keeps me motivated to keep writing <3

[CHAPTER 17 : AVERY!]

It was after school on a Thursday when she saw him on the bench outside of his school

Simon Avery reading a book... What a sight!

"Avery!" She called out while walking up to him.

Simon looked up with a smile, "Hey, Juliet."

Bella rolled her eyes and plopped down next to him on the bench. "What are you reading?"

"The Catcher in the Rye."

"Ou, good one," Bella said, and sighed. "Hey, we're still hanging out tonight, right?"

Simon's eyes grew wide, "Uh about that--"

"Come on, Simon! I never get to see you anymore, don't cancel again!" Bella begged.

Simon looked at Bella, "If I remember correctly, you're usually the one who cancels."

Bella sighed, "Okay, I admit that, but, the last three times it was you, and this makes it a fourth. So if you're not hanging out with me who is it? You better have a good excuse."

Simon scratched the back of his neck nervously, "I actually have a date tonight."

Bella felt her heart drop to her stomach. A date? Simon never goes on dates, he just hooks up with random girls and never calls them back. She didn't understand why all of a sudden he had to go on a date, and cancel on her. "Oh, uh, with who?"

"Um, Lindsay."

"Lindsay Lister?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. She's nice. And pretty! She's really pretty."

"Yeah, that's why I asked her out."

"Makes sense."

The best friends, sat in silence for a few seconds before Bella spoke up again.

"If things work out between you guys, maybe we can go on a double date sometime."

Simon made a fist, which Bella didn't notice. "Yeah... maybe."

Bella sighed, "Why are we making things awkward? I'm really happy for you! What time's your date?"

"7:00"

Bella gave him a small smile, "Want to get a coffee, until you have to go?"

Simon returned the smile and he unclenched his fist, he couldn't stay mad at that girl, no matter how hard he tried. "Sure."

"Yay!" Bella jumped up.

Simon slowly stood up and engulfed Bella in a hug, she immediately hugged him back. "Are you okay?" Bella asked with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he released her from the hug.

The two made their way over to Luke's.

--

Simon sat on his bed after coming home from his date with Lindsay. 

He liked her, he had fun, but he didn't like her like that.

He didn't understand why. She was pretty, she was nice, she was sweet, she had a good sense of humour. He couldn't pick out any flaws that she had, she was seemingly perfect. Maybe that was the problem. 

Or maybe it was because she wasn't Bella.

He shooed the voice in his head away. But it wouldn't budge, she was in the back of his mind the entire date.

And even if he wanted to make a move on Bella now, he couldn't because she had a boyfriend, plus it would ruin their friendship.

Because there was no way she could ever feel the same.

--

Bella laid on her bed that same night wondering why she felt this way.

He was her best friend, she should be happy that he went on a date and that he was finally branching out.

But instead she felt a pit in her stomach of jealousy. She didn't know why, she had a boyfriend who she was head over heals for.

Bella decided to call Tristan, to talk for a bit.

She dismissed her feelings as just missing her best friend.