15.

[CHAPTER 15 : SWEET SIXTEENS (PT. 2)]

     This wasn't how a girl was supposed to feel on their birthday

     This wasn't how a girl was supposed to feel on their birthday. Her sweet sixteen. She didn't understand why she was feeling this way. She was supposed to be happy and excited since people were coming to celebrate her and her sister. But instead she felt grim and unhappy and she felt like she wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

She didn't even like the people going to this thing. She only liked one person and that was Tristan. She really liked Tristan. The only reason why Bella was willing to attend the party was for him. 

She was disappointed that she couldn't invite Simon, but she would see him at her actual party the next night. So at least that was something to look forward to. 

Bella applied her makeup lightly as her music played in the background. Her mom walked into the room. "Hey kid, how's it going?"

"It's going okay," Bella said, not looking at her mom.

"Is everything okay?" Lorelai asked, concerned about her daughter.

Bella sighed, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just nervous."

"Why?"

"Because everyone from school is going to be there."

"So? Aren't you friends with them?"

"No. I have one friend and that's Tristan. I think he's coming."

Lorelai smiled, "Tristan's not just a friend though sweetie."

Bella blushed. "No, I guess not. I really like him and I think he likes me too. But I don't want to rush into anything. I want to be sure that he actually likes me." 

"I get that honey, but you're too guarded. You need to let some people in, not everyone is out to get you."

"You don't know that. People are mean and people make cruel jokes."

Lorelai sighed, disappointed that her daughter felt that everyone would make fun of her or leave her. "You need to have more faith in people. And even if they do hurt you, it doesn't make you weak, it makes them weak for hurting someone who would've given them anything in the world."

Bella smiled, "I love you, Mom."

Lorelai pulled her daughter into a hug, "I love you too kid."

--

At the Gilmore house, Bella was overwhelmed by the amount of people that were there. She didn't even know any of them. She recognized Paris Geller, and she turned in the other direction when she noticed her, not wanting to interact with the rude girl. 

Her and Rory parted ways at some point, Bella going to hide in a corner while Rory worked the room. After a few minutes, Rory found Bella and said, "Your boyfriend is here."

"He's not my boyfriend." 

Rory rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

Bella found Tristan and tapped his back to get his attention. He looked good in a suit. 

"Hey!" Tristan greeted excitedly, taking the shorter girl into a hug.

"Hi!" Bella laughed. 

"Happy birthday," Tristan said. 

"Thanks," Bella's smile faltered, as though she remember where she was.

Tristan looked around the room, "This really doesn't seem like your type of scene."

"It's not."

"Then why are you here?"

Bella narrowed her eyes at him, "Because my grandmother threw this party for me."

Tristan laughed and took her hand, "Come on."

"Where are we going?" Bella let herself be dragged along by Tristan.

"Just out for a bit. We'll be back before anyone notices." And with that they walked through the front door.

--

Bella and Tristan walked through the rich neighbourhood that Richard and Emily lived in.

With Tristan's jacket wrapped around her shoulders, Bella felt like she was on top of the world. 

They walked in silence until Tristan broke it, "I hope you know how beautiful you are."

Bella snorted and shoved him, "Shut up."

Tristan laughed, "I'm serious."

They stopped walking and turned to face each other. 

"Well, in that case, you're very handsome," Bella said, poking his chest. He took a step closer to her.

"Well now you're just saying that."

"Oh, am I?" Bella challenged.

"Yeah, I think you are."

"Well, how about this." She leaned in so their lips met. The kiss was like it was out of a movie. Her heart was racing not only because it was her first kiss with Tristan, but because it was her first kiss in general.

She pulled back first, looking up at him with puppy dog eyes. He smiled gently at her and put his arm around her shoulder as they walked back to the house, trying to walk through the front door as subtly as possible.

"This is your party and these are your guests, so you give the speech." Bella heard Rory say from the other room.

"Oh shit." Bella whispered, taking Tristans hand, they made their way to the other side of the house, away from the drama. Bella didn't want to get involved, not tonight. She was happy. Really happy.

As the couple stood in the corner of the room, his arm around her shoulder, she let her guard down and let him in.

--

A/N

This lowkey sucks but I had to give y'all something because I haven't updated in so long. 

Now I will proceed to give you all lame excuses as to why I haven't updated ahaha.

Basically, when lockdown started, I was a senior in high school, so I was very upset because I lost my grad New York trip, my last musical at my high school, my prom, and my graduation. And then to make matters worse, I told the guy who I had kind of been on and off with for over a year (it's so complicated lol, we never dated, just a thing or whatever) how I felt about him and he rejected me, so that was fun.

And now I have started college online. So life kind of sucks because I love being busy and being home all the time kind of sucks but I've been trying my best to stay positive

On another note, I hope everyone is staying safe. I know that lockdown has been really tough for a lot of people but I'm praying that it will over soon. 

Sending you my love,

-Elle