🌺Eight🌺

🌺Secretary's Book of Etiquette🌺

"Hey Barbara, day off today?" Jake asked when he saw me walking on the park without my fat skin costumes.

Wednesday...

"No. It just that my boss hates to see my face today so he sent me far away to work outside the office. Far from his eyes can reach.

"Ehh?" Jake grimace as I scroll through my phone. "You're working?"

"Yes", I said showing the loads of work I'm doing on my phone.

"What happened that makes him mad at you?" Jake imply while I'm encoding data through my phone.

"Hmm.."

"I made a pestering dog touch his mouth and he cursed me for tripping the dog and send me outside the next day which is today to study the human interaction", I said with little humor in my eyes upon remembering of what happened yesterday.

The pestering dog (female lead) fall whenever the boss (male lead) walk on her way. But the fall seems look like a dodge game in my eyes that I can't help but force myself not laugh everytime she fall flat on the floor.

Before the second day audition yesterday end, I am standing beside my boss when the clumsy female lead make way through to bow but trip herself much more act like someone trip her and fall to the male lead. The hit was sudden that both of them lost balance and fell on the floor. Her lips touch his lips but the fun wasn't stop there when my boss stand without helping the poor girl. He brush his lips harshly with table napkin like he was a mysophobic person.

Me, on stand by can't help but cover my laughing face with the file I'm holding. The female lead sees me as scapegoat and put all the blame to me as I uncover my bewildered face.

Is laughing a crime?

Then my fuming boss got his reasoning log off and sent me to the outside world. Since he said that I break one of the rules in the Secretary's Book of Etiquette. I didn't that he reads that.

"Ahahahaha. That's the first time I've heard him act ungentlemanly. From my source, Ms. Linden is quiet a beauty that many male model in their agency tried to hook up with her and to think that your boss annoyed by her face is hilarious!" Jake can't help but laugh.

"True", I giggle along with him as I stared at the rainbow made by droplets coming from the water of the fountain combine with the sun light pouring on it then look back to my phone.

"But still..." Jake pause and gaze at me. "...she's still incomparable to you in every way. Aren't you afraid that there someone might see you here and report your where abouts to your father?"

I stop typing on the phone and put it on my lap.

Father.

The original Barbara fled away from home because she doesn't want to be engage to a man whom she doesn't know. That man was in truth the male lead but the irony of life, she fell to the same man she tried to ran from. The same man whom she doesn't want, return the favor by not giving back her affection. It was too late for her when she return home that the supposed fiancé of hers is the man she loved all along. When that time comes the man already married the female lead.

But me.

The reason I don't want to come back is that Barbara's father wasn't my father. I don't want to feel guilty on the love he gives to the shell of his daughter. I know from Barbara's memories that he only wants what is best for her but she only took them for granted.

I know I'm not her. But the body I'm occupying right is hers.

"I couldn't careless if he find me. That would mean he win in our game of hide and seek", I smile.

More or less, since the story will still flow according to what the author wants. Even I came back to Barbara's home early than the story says. Nothing will change.

Male lead will still ends up with his female lead.

I sigh.

"Jake, how about going out on a date with me?" I asked out of the blue with a smile. If you're thinking I'm blushing. I'm not.

"Heh? Are you the real one?"

ಠಿ_ಠ me

Jake laughs nervously. "Right its you. So where do you want to go?"

I turn off my phone. "I don't know, since you're the man you decide"

He smiled gently.

And there goes our adventure. After we came from the park, he took me somewhere. I don't know that even in another world I could still enjoy myself. That I could still laugh.

At dinner he took me in a restaurant and order my favourite food. So he knows all the food I love and what I hate.

"Give the onion rings, I know you hate them"

I sweetly smiled and chewed my steak.

This is the best day I ever had.
*****

on the other hand...

after seven hours of calling...

[The number you have dialed is unattended or out of coverage area please try again.]

"Barbara", the boss with a dark aura around him growled.