🌺Twenty - Four🌺

Unspoken Truth

"I know there is something you want to ask me since we leave the Green House", Solomon said in a small voice.

I smiled and shook my head no. There are in fact questions swirling inside my head but I knew better than delivering them with my mouth.

"If it was something that could make you feel uncomfortable. I'd rather not voice it out. I already have indebted to you when you pick me up here after coming from the airport", I grinned.

Under his eyes are dark curve lines indicating sleepless nights of work and I had to disturb him to pick me here up. I could have just asked Jake but in doing so I couldn't see the horrified look from the ML when he saw me and his business rival.

"So where are we going to this very date?"

I smiled at his question while shaking my head. "So you think, we're going on a date?"

"Don't we?" he raised his eyebrows. I giggled and pointed to the dark circles around his eyes. "Do you think we could go on a date with your eyes that are about to collapse?" I said. I'm glad that his chauffeur picks him up instead of his normal routine of driving on his own to his house.

"You have a point. I'm sleepy", he said and lay his head on my shoulder. I just let him be since I owed him in picking me up from the wedding venue.

I put my index finger under my chin and look at the tall building that JC's family-owned. Sooner or later some more events would happen as the plot of this world unfolded. I'm glad that at that part, I don't belong to that chapter anymore because I'm supposed to be dead on the day the FL and ML got married. I look in the rearview mirror to see the supposed villain's sleeping figure on my shoulder.

I had this anxious feeling since the next chapters of the novel from what I last read will deviate into a darker turning point. There would be abuse, gore, and most of all murder. Whatever it is I hope that this villain won't be part of those intended incidents.

sigh.

I am still selfish after all. Because at the end of the day, I don't want to be involved in something that I can't handle.

"I just don't want to die again", I murmured while looking out the outside window of the car.

Not knowing that someone that supposed sleeping should not be heard what I said. I didn't know that I would regret saying what I had in mind that very day. I shouldn't let my emotions let go like I usually do.

"WE'RE here", I said and gently patted Solomon's cheek. He groaned and slightly open his eyes. He smiled when he saw me. "Good morning"

"Good afternoon", I said nodding my head. He looked around with a confused look on his face. "Where are we?"

I shrugged and pick my bag. "We are on my farm"

"Farm?"

"Yes. My dream farm", I said looking so proud at the finished place that I wish I could bring to my world for my family or at least I wish they could with their own eyes, a dream me and my siblings used to draw when I'm just a kid. A small farm with a bungalow house in front, and on the back, is a big ranch that I someone I don't know owns but mine is pretty cute.

I'm expecting to see Solomon's eyes filled with boredom instead. "I didn't know you like farms. If I know I will bring you to mine instead", he said and point at the big ranch at the back. That ranch over there is owned by my grandparents.

"Eh?"

******

A/n: Hello everyone! Sorry for the long due in my updates. It's just that I am so much busy with my work that having a break is a luxury and I'm not only busy on weekdays but also on weekends since I'm now taking my Masters's Degree, I don't know what kind of spirit just possessed me to take my education in another step but I'm taking great thinking now if I should continue it because of the 6 hours back and forth trip from my home to the university. I couldn't even rent a boarding house because my work to home is just 15 minutes commute. Well since it's Christmas Break, I'll try to update as much as I can. Thank you for still supporting my work and God Bless you all.☺️