Twenty-Five

Who Are You?

A low voice behind my back muttered, "I miss you in that look," as I glared at the individual.I growled at Solomon, who was amusedly sitting in front of me, asking, "What are you doing here?".

He simply shrugged and set his cup of coffee place on the table. He pointed to the glass wall and said, "Well, I just finished a meeting with a client a little while ago and I just so happened to walk past beside you who glared outside the glass wall." I rolled my eyes because the glass wall is a two-way mirror; how should I know that he walked by me? He can see me from the outside, but all I can see from the inside is my mirror.

I sigh while eating in silence. I decided not to bother based on the glances he gives me and the whispers the other customers are making about us. I'm trying to figure out how to find a different farm to buy just a few moments. A location that these characters can't reach. Ugh. The fact that the house I've grown to love is only one street away from the villain prevents me from moving on. Even though I am being petty, can you really blame me for running from every potentially fatal situation this story will flow? In addition, whatever occurred to the true owner of this body will eventually come to light sooner or later.

"Oh, that's close to my parents' house", Solomon said, pointing to the photo that I'd been admiring for a while now.

"Err"

"Do you plan to move?" he asked. "Sort of--" I stopped in a mid-sentence when I feel a sudden dizziness coming from the back of my head.

I hurried over and said, "Excuse me," before asking to use the restroom. I was so dizzy when I first entered the room that I fell to my knees and started bleeding from my nose. Could it be? Is this the reason? No. Maybe I'm just tired from so much work I shouldn't be too paranoid.

"Ms. Hanson, are you okay?" As I pulled my tissue paper out of my bag and wiped my face clean of all the blood, Solomon called. I'm glad I'm wearing dark clothes since the stain of the nosebleed blood is less obvious.

"Yeah. I just a little bit dizzy", I said. He led the way to my chair and pulled an item from his coat. When I realize what it was, I start to giggle.

"Do you really have that in your pocket?" I can't help but smile as he touch the cool mint gel with his index finger and rub it unto my temple. He smiled. "My grandmother always nagged me to carry one of this in case I got headache or dizzy from overexerting myself at work"

I paused to look at him only to see my reflection on his eyes looking at me. "You know what, you're future wife is lucky that you know something like this"

He didn't take his eyes off me and smiled. "Yeah, you're lucky"

"Fool!" I laugh. But Solomon's serious face says otherwise. "Bobby, will you go out with me?"

"What?" I asked hoping I misheard. I suddenly felt cold from the tips of my fingers, that nickname, how did he know that... 

I'm only known by that nickname from my...

world.

"Bobby, like I always said when I recognize you in your identity as Dawn. I always recognize you just by looking at your eyes. Now, can I asked? Do you recognize me?" he asked in sad tone.

My eyes widened at the realization that he knows me but why did I can't recognize him?

"Who are you?"