🌺Ten🌺

🌺Dear Fiancé🌺

"My little girl", a man with gray hair welcome me with embrace after I open the door of the car in front of the big mansion.

My eyes are void with emotions as my gaze went to the people around me while wiping the corner of their eyes then back to the old man who had tears in his eyes. So, he really love his daughter so much to the point that it suffocate her.

I raise my right hand and wipe with my thumb his wet cheeks.

"Don't cry anymore d-dad", I choke out the words. "I'm here. I won't leave again without you're permission. I promise"

Dad raise his hand and wipe my cheeks that I didn't notice, stain with tears too.

I'm crying?

No.

It's probably the remnants of her remaining emotions. Her regret that she wasn't there at her father's final moment.

"Of course, you should do that you brat!" he tried to compose himself but failed to do so as he pulled me on his arms. Remembering my real father's embrace, my eyes start to brim with tears. I miss my father too.

"Umm", I nod.

After the warm welcome, I was sent to my room. The room was so spacious that I think all room of my previous apartment would fit inside here and there some space left.

I sat at the bed and starled for its softness. This is too much. I guess, it would take me some time for me to adjust in her original life.

*

**
Meanwhile...

"So she resign because she said she fall in love with you?", the old man sitting on his swivel chair grinned at his son's mocking tone on the other side of the phone.

"Yes! She was so irresponsible to leave everything behind. Now, I need to find another secretary to replace her", James said while massaging his temple.

"Irresponsible? From my insider, she's far from what you describe as she is. She done her job perfectly to the point of arranging even the schedule of your dates. To think you even let her do the work that was supposed to be yours. Aren't you afraid that I might replace you with her?"

"Don't you dare you old man!" James eyes filled with seriousness as the man from the other side laugh.

"Well. I will send another applicant to you. Just call Abram if had any compliance", Mr. Jaime Augustine smiled upon remembering something.

"Oh. Another thing son. Tomorrow, I need you to come with me in a lunch meeting. I think it's time to meet your fianceé"

James eyebrow raise. "So, she was found"

"Seems so. This time, she didn't argue with her old man to meet you. Albert even bragged to me that his daughter grow mature, making someone here jealous for having a mature child"

He sigh. Here he goes again.

"Fine. Give me the address and time", he said helplessly.

"Great! I will send the details later. See you then"

"Okay. Bye--"

"Wait. One more thing James Cameron. Always remember this, she is your fianceé, your future wife. Treat her with respect"

"I will", he sigh. Like he would do such thing to her. She's not even his type. From the picture that was sent to him by his father. This fianceé of his is such a fat lady, much to his dismay. And whenever he sees Barbara reminds him that when her father found her, sooner he will tie knots with a fat belly pig. Made him frustrate to the point that all his anger were thrown to Barbara.

One thing he sure after this meet up. He'll marry her but not going to fall in love with her.

She's just a stepping stone for him to inherit the rest of Augustine's property as his grandfather says in his last will testament.