prologue : pilot

prologue : pilot

❝I pronounce you a community❞

I pronounce you a community

❝I pronounce you a community❞

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ☆ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"GOOD MORNING. How do we turn this off? Can you help me turn this off? Uh-oh. Uh-oh. Uh-oh. How do we turn this off? Can you help me with this? Oh, thank you. Thank you so much. I didn't mean to snap."

"Good morning. Many of you are halfway through your first week here at Greendale and as your dean I thought I would share a few thoughts of wisdom and inspiration. What is community college? Well, you've heard all kinds of things. You've heard it's loser college for remedial teens, twenty something year old high school dropouts, middle-aged divorcees and old people keeping their minds active as they circle the drain of eternity. That's what you've heard. However, I wish you luck!"

Olivia Barnes' eyes had just grown wider and wider during the rather uninspirational 'inspirational' speech.

"Please tell me that's not actually the dean but some comedian with a bad sense of humour talking?" She asks her cousin who had been studying a football flyer taped to a bulletin board.

Troy Barnes looks away from the board and looks at Olivia.

He shrugged before tugging nervously at the hem of his lettermen jacket.

Olivia was worried about Troy – he, like her, had been awarded multiple college scholarships but had ended up here, at Greendale, with a man she truly hoped wasn't actually the dean at the helm of things.

"What classes do you have today?" Olivia asks, trying to get her cousin to speak.

"Spanish 101, Introduction to Business and Phys Ed 102." He tells her. "What about you?"

"Spanish 101, too, Advanced Physics and Intro to Criminology."

"Oh sweet, we're in Spanish together!"