sixteen : the art of deception

you put the good in goodbye

❝you put the good in goodbye❞

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ☆ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

QUICK AUTHOR'S NOTE! whilst writing this I listened to 3005 by our very own troy barnes (aka childish gambino) and when you believe by maren morris and pentatonix (check it out and grab some tissues)

THE DOOR to the Greendale Gazette department was closed.

What was happening behind those doors was a strictly invite only event (read, the students didn't want Dean Pelton barging in making weird demands of Olivia).

They were throwing a party.

A leaving party.

It was officially Olivia's last day as assistant to the editor (or actual editor if you wanted to be precise) of the school paper.

It was a week before Spring Break and the week before she left to attend the prestigious ivy league university she'd been dreaming of ever since she could remember.

She was finally off to Yale.

Not that any of her study group knew that.

Of course, they knew she was leaving they just didn't know when she was; she didn't want them to make a fuss, she didn't want them to get emotional and, most of all, she didn't want reality to set in for Abed.

Olivia chewed on the bottom of her lip at the thought of her boyfriend and how much her departure was likely to hurt him. Sure, he had her cousin who everyone (including her) seemed to believe he was also in love with but still.

"And this is for you." One of the journalists, Christina, said, holding out a gift box.

Olivia takes it with a grin.