- 53 -

"Eh? Clefairy is ready to evolve?" [Name] asked, the loaf of bread held in her hand and inches away from her mouth.

Calem swallowed the fried chicken he had taken a bite out of and said, "Yeah, I was just as surprised as you are when I found out. Clefairy usually doesn't care about evolving as much as the others, so it came to a surprise."

"Well, it's wonderful Clefairy is ready to evolve. Isn't she the only one in your team who's still not in her final evolution?" [Name] pointed out, taking a sip of her drink.

"She is. I'm not one to force my Pokemon to evolve immediately," Calem replied. "It's up to them to decide whether they are ready or not. I can't just decide for them, you know?"

"You've grown into a fine young man, you know that," Raphaël suddenly said after swallowing his food and taking a sip of his own drink. "I'm proud of you."

"What are you still doing here? Aren't you supposed to be going back home?" Calem asked with an annoyed expression. He could still remember yesterday's events vividly and wished he would forget. Calem knew he'll wake up in cold sweat years later.

"How rude. Is that any way to talk to your old man?" Raphaël dramatically pouted and reached over to ruffle Calem's hair.

"Don't touch me!" Calem barked, dodging his father's hand and swatting it away. "Get away, old man!"

"Haha...ha," [Name] let out a small awkward laugh as she watched their interactions. She should probably step in before Calem snaps. "Say, doesn't Clefairy need an evolutionary stone?"

Calem stopped swatting his hands away and looked over at [Name]. "Well, I asked Nurse Joy about what evolutionary stone—stop it!—Clefairy will need and she said—would you quit ruffling my hair?!—that a Moon Stone will be needed. When I asked her if she knew where they sold a Moon Stone, she said she didn't know—how many times do I have to tell you?!"

"That's going to be difficult," [Name] bit her finger, losing herself in thought.

Raphaël stopped pushing Calem's button and said, "I know someone who's willing to sell a Moon Stone. He has a small shop that he travels with to a different city."

"You do?" Calem asked surprised, patting his hair down.

"Sure do. He's an old buddy of mine; we go way back. And he's right here in Snowbelle City," Raphaël replied, nodding his head. "We can head right on over after lunch."

"Wow. I guess you are of some use to have around," Calem completely ignored his father let out a cry of pain and proceeded to go back to eating. "Pass me the salt, please."

"You are so heartless, Cal," his father dramatically cried, placing his hands on his heart and tears running down his face.

[Name] laughed a little on the inside but mainly felt bad. Despite the two looking so alike, they sure are different in personality. Calem was more of the serious type while his father was more of a laidback type of guy. And as for Anna, she seemed like a mixture of both, albeit more serious.

[Name] thought it was supposed to be the other way around with Calem resembling his parents. But as she watched Calem's interactions with his father and remembering his interactions with her, he did have a personality like his father.

I wonder how our kids would be if— [Name] immediately shook the thought from her head as her face felt warm. No, no, no! What am I thinking? That's too crazy! I'm out of my mind!

"Uh, are you okay, [Name]?" Calem asked, wondering about her sudden actions.

"Kids! No way!" [Name] blurted out as Calem jumped in his seat.