- 44 -

A figure tiredly shuffled inside a cave, their clothes fully soaked and their black hair dripping water. They dropped to their knees as they coughed water from their lungs. Behind them, another figure carrying a body entered the cave and gently laid the body on the ground as they collapsed to the cold ground. The waves crashed against the land, spilling droplets of water on the ground. The sky was gray, the sun hidden behind the endless clouds.

Ash wiped his mouth, shuddering at the amount of water that was in his lungs. He tried to stand up but his legs gave up on him. Calem took in deep breaths, his chest rising up and down. He turned his head towards [Name], his eyes softening. She was still alive, her chest was still moving. He just wondered when she would wake up. His body ached all over as he struggled to sit up. The two sat in a moment of silence, the sound of the waves and their breathing being the only noise. Ash's eyes trailed to [Name]'s body and clutched his hands tightly, feeling anger for not being able to help her.

"How are you feeling?" Calem suddenly asked him, breaking the awkward silence.

"I'm fine..." Ash replied back. He averted his eyes from him. "Why does it matter to you?"

"We just jumped from a cliff into the ocean, risking our own lives and you're wondering why I ask about your well-being?" Calem fumed, his eyes full of anger. "If you hadn't notice, [Name] isn't waking up. You giving an attitude won't help anything. Drop the act. I don't like this as much as you do and if we want to get out of here, we might as well get along."

Ash glared at him, his body beginning to grow hot. "Of course I know she isn't waking up. What do you want me to do about it? Give her a magical kiss and hope she'll wake up? As if!"

"Then why did you jump down to save her?" Calem snapped, his voice growing louder.

"Why do you have the necklace that [Name] and I shared?" Ash barked back, pointing at his neck.

"She gave it to me because she knows I would never tell her I regret giving it to her and making her cry to the point she's broken inside," Calem knew he hit a cored as Ash's body tense from his statement. "I'm sure deep down you actually care about her despite the way you treat her. Wake up and realize your mistakes!"

"You suddenly gain confidence because she gave you a dumb necklace? You must think you're special," Ash scoffed, tossing his head to the side.

"I thought this necklace was important to you? I guess not," Calem lifted the necklace, swinging it as Ash stared at it. "In fact, I bet you still haven't given her a kiss. But you know what. I was her first kiss."

Ash growled and grabbed Calem by the collar of his jacket. His eyes were full of rage. "Take that back! You and her did not kiss! That's not possible!"

"If you want the truth, why don't you wait for her to wake up and ask her yourself," Calem said. Ash let go off his jacket and took a step back. "You're jealous of her and talk badly about her, yet you're protective of her and get jealous, not of her, but of me. You actually still care about her."

"You don't know the first thing about me!" Ash snarled, his voice echoing down the cave.

"I do!" Calem sassed back.

"How?" Ash wondered, his body still feeling hot.

"Because of the way she has talked about you!" Calem's words hit Ash as his eyes widen. "The first time I met her, she always talked fondly of you despite the way you treated her. She looked up to you and loved you dearly. And yet, you treated her badly because she got stronger than you! How pathetic is that?"

"I...I..." Ash stuttered, out of words.

"Why don't you man up and learn to accept the fact she's stronger than you!" Calem's voice echoed throughout as the waves outside crashed loudly.