Prologue

I thought we were always going to be together since the beginning of our journey, but... I was wrong. The moment we arrived in the Kalos Region and Serena came along you started to act rude and cold towards me.

What happened to the old Ash I used to know? I don't remember you being like this when we were in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova. Or when we're on the plane with Alexa, meeting Clemont and his little sister Bonnie, Professor Sycamore, and even Viola.

But when Serena came along with your backpack and joined in our group everything went wrong. I thought it was weird when you invited her, but I thought nothing odd about it...until that incident happened.

I still remember that day you began to act strangely; it was when we had beat Grant and won our Second Gym Badge.

::: Flashback :::

"Ash! Ash! I did it! I managed to beat Grant and win my Second Gym Badge! Isn't that amazing?" I beamed at Ash, running up to him with the Cliff Badge in hand. Ash was chatting with Serena when I arrived and lightly tapped his shoulder to get his attention, "Hey, Ash? Didn't you hear me shout at you all the way from the field?"

"Yeah, I heard you, but I don't really think it's that important to interrupt my conversation with Serena," Ash complained, petting Pikachu's head, "I mean that battle must have been easy since I went first and you did my strategy, right?"

"Actually, I did a different stra--" I began to explain, but was cut off by Serena.

"Hey, Ash," Serena quietly said, but Ash quickly gave his full attention to her, "I thought since you and [Name] finished your Gym match that maybe we could go to the Pokemon Center to heal your Pokemon then go do a little shopping?"

"Sure! Pikachu and rest are really tired and doing a little shopping once in a while sound great," Ash agreed rather quickly, "Maybe we could go to a cafe after."

"Y-yeah! T-that sounds fine," Serena stuttered, blushing from head to toe and began to walk out with Ash.

"Um, Ash," I called out to him and ran after them with Bonnie and Clemont behind us, "When we get to the cafe could I order an [F/C] flavor cake with an [F/D]?"

Ash stopped dead in his track confusing Serena and me, but what really surprised me and made my heart sink, "Who said you could go with me and Serena? I don't remember inviting you."

"But you said that all of us could go," I stated the facts.

"When I meant us, I meant Serena and me. Only the two of us," Ash continued, "You and rest could do something else if you don't mind. Serena, come on let's go."

Ash and Serena began to walk to the elevator while I stood in the same spot with Clemont and Bonnie. I watched as they both got on the elevator as Serena chatted with him while Ash had on a blush on his face.

"What...just happened?" I asked nobody still staring at the elevator even when it had just closed. It wasn't until Bonnie managed to catch my attention and began to walk towards the same place they had gotten on.

::: End of Flashback :::

Ash, you never acted this way before, always looked out for me when something bad happened, and got super protective when a guy flirted with me. But now, you act like a completely different person, one that I had never seen before in my five years of traveling with you.

Do you remember that one time that I almost drowned when I went to go save Serena from falling? I'm sure you do because whenever we're near a river, you pull Serena away from the edge to not fall again. Yet when it's me, you do nothing, just like when I almost drowned, all you did was... stand there... watching me. You went in to help Serena when she fell from a cliff, but you didn't help me.

I need to know... Do you still...care about me?

As we kept traveling, you started to act cold and ruder than before that now you won't even talk to me or glance in my direction. And when you do all I get is a glare and towards Serena, she gets a smile.

I don't understand...

You watch me get hurt...yet you do nothing.

Ash... Do you...love me?

I still love you... Can't you see that?

I guess this is goodbye and the end of our friendship, Ash. Not that you will care and notice I'm gone.

Ash, be happy with Serena and the rest of your friends.

Goodbye... Ash.