- 3 -

"Hey, Ash. We'll always be together, right? And be the best of friends?"

"What are you talking? Of course, we'll always be together forever and we'll always be the best of friends! We're childhood friends and best friends, remember? Of course, we got Misty and Brock in our group now, but as long as I have you, then I got nothing to worry about. You're important to me. We're never going to leave each other's sides."

"Then, let's make a promise."

"A promise? Okay! As of now, I, Ash Ketchum..."

"...and I, [Name] [L/N], will always..."

"...be the best of friends. Now the both of us, together."

"It's a promise!"

"Pika! Pika!"

"Hey, Pikachu! Don't ruin our moment!"

"Hahaha!"

My eyes shot opened and I looked around to see my Pokemon conversing with each other. Sitting up and putting my arms behind my back, I opened my eyes only for them to close again due to the brightness of the sun coming through the glass french doors.

I opened my eyes again and let them adjust to the light and when they finally adjusted, I looked around the room to see all of my Pokemon surrounding my bed and staring at me. I put my hand on my forehead, the memory of the promise I made with Ash when we were ten still fresh in my mind.

Why did the memory of that time come back to me? It was such long time since that promise happened... Why did it come back?

My eyes then moved over to across the room expecting to see Calem in his bed, but only to see an empty, neatly made bed. Pulling my eyes back, I looked back at my Pokemon, embarrassed that I thought Calem was still there.

What was I thinking? There's no way a guy that you just barely met was going to be waiting for you. I'm so stupid. First the dream, now this. What else is going to happen?

Dragonair snapped me out of my thoughts and held my backpack in his mouth, nearing it towards me. Taking the backpack in my arms, I thanked Dragonair and pushed the covers off my body before swinging them over towards the side of the bed.

My bare feet touched the cold wood floor causing me to shiver a bit, but I stood up, stretching my legs, arms, and back. I let out a yawn and pushed a bit of my hair back that was in my face and then set my backpack on the bed, taking out clean clothes and my toothbrush and toothpaste. 

"I'm sure you guys are all waiting for me to get changed, right? And you want to go eat after I change and brush my teeth?" I asked them to which they all nodded their heads and pushing me to the bathroom door, "All right, all right, I get it. Just give me a few minutes and I'll be straight out in order for you guys to get breakfast and after that, we'll head on to Lumiose City. How does that sound?"

They all agreed and stopped pushing me, walking over to the door and giving me a look that said 'Hurry-up-trainer!'. Taking that as I hint, I walked into the bathroom, doing my everyday thing.

~

"Okay, now that I am done, let's head onto the lobby. Come on," I said, opening the door and stepping out after my Pokemon walked out before me, racing to get breakfast, "Hey, don't run in the hallway!" They, of course, didn't listen and continued running until they turned the corner and I could no longer see them, "Honestly, what am I going to do with them?"

Taking my time, I finally arrived at the corner my Pokemon disappeared and was met with a sight of my Pokemon eating breakfast with Calem and his Pokemon. I stood there for a minute or so, processing the scene in front of me.