- 4 -

::: [Name]'s POV :::

"That last move was fantastic! I now know what the other Gym Leader's meant about having a strong new trainer around," Ramos complimented Calem as he sheepishly gave him a smile and rubbed the back of his neck. Ramos then lifted a case with the Gym Badge in it, "This is proof of your victory here. The Plant Badge."

"Thank you," Calem thanked him and picked up the badge, looking up at it as it gave a small shine, "My fourth gym badge."

"Hey, Calem. That was totally amazing," I smiled at him as he turned to look at me, "I didn't know what to expect until I saw your match. It was different from someone I used to know and even more exciting. The bond you have with your Pokemon is the reason you won."

"You think? Thanks," he thanked me, "Honestly, I thought I was going to do horrible but turns out I had nothing to worry about."

"So, [Name], Calem. Are you two goin' to Lumiose City next?" Ramos asked us, "If you want to leave quicker than going all the way back down, you can take the slide over there." He pointed behind to a slide going all the way down to the ground.

"You have a slide?!" Calem and I simultaneously exclaimed.

"Did I forget to mention that?" he asked and we nodded our heads, "Oh well, you can go ahead and use it. I'll walk you both out."

The three of us walked over to the slide where there was a door that was opened. Calem walked over to it first and stood at the top as he admired the view.

"Wow, what nice wea—waah!" Calem let out a cry as the door suddenly closed, pushing him down the slide while he let out a short, panicked scream.

Ramos and I sweatdropped at the sight because soon the door opened up and didn't close once. I also walked over to the slide and stopped, not standing on the slide like Calem.

"So [Name], you heading off to Lumiose City?" Ramos asked me as I turned to look at him.

"I guess since that will be where I get my fifth Gym Badge," I replied, crossing my arms.

"I see. Good luck out there and make sure you don't forget our conversation from earlier," Ramos reminded me with a smile, "I know you can make your dream come true. Just believe in yourself."

"Thanks, I will," I said and turned around, beginning to walk onto the slide only stop and quickly turn around. Running towards Ramos, I hugged him catching him off guard, but he returned the hug after a while, "Thank you for everything Ramos. If it wasn't for you, I would've given up on my dream. Thank you."

"It was nothin'. Just think of it as a gift," he said and pulled back, "Now go out there and get them! Show them who's boss."

I nodded my head and ran back to the slide, but not before turning around and giving him a nodded. Sitting down on the slide, I expected it to push me like it did to Calem only for it not to.

Instead, I pushed myself and slid down, watching as the door closed behind me and Ramos waving goodbye at me. As I slid down the slide, the view from up here was beautiful since you could see the entire city and ocean from up here.

The wind blew my face and hair causing me to relax.

Looking down, I watched as Calem stopped sliding down and was about to get off the slide only for the door to push him again and sent him flying to the ground where he landed on his face as his hat fell off.

I laughed at the sight but soon stopped when I reached the bottom. Unlike Calem, the door didn't close on me and waited until I got off. I patiently waited for Calem to get off the floor and watched as he rubbed his face while putting his hat back on.