- 50 -

"We've finally come to Snowbelle City!" I announce as my group of friends and I stared down at the snow-covered city.

"It's snow! Snow!" Bonnie happily cheered as she ran down a hill of snow and landed on the snow. Bonnie and Dedenne laughed with glee as Squishy popped out under Bonnie.

"Bonnie, you are going to catch a cold!" Clemont warned her, worrying over her safety as the big brother he was. Bonnie only ignored him as she continued to play in the snow.

Serena turned to face me and said, "Ash, it's finally time for your eight. Do your best!"

"I will. I'll make sure to get it and catch up to Sawyer," I declared, turning around to face my green haired friend and rival.

"I will root for you to the best of my ability," Sawyer stated.

Bonnie came hopping from one foot to the other as she joined the conversation. "I wonder if we'll get to see 'Ash-Greninja' today."

"'Ash-Greninja'?" Serena questioned, her face morphing to one of confusion.

"What is that?" Sawyer asked the question I'm sure everyone was thinking.

"I gave Greninja's form a new name," Bonnie explained as I heard Clemont give a small sigh and mutter under his breath how her names weren't creative either.

"Oh. nice one! After all, it looks a lot like Ash, right?" Serena suddenly understood, giving the young girl a smile.

I gave a sympathy pat on the head to Clemont as a way to cheer him up. He was always made fun of for his name. But I actually enjoyed the names he's given them; they were funny and amazing! I would never make fun of him for that. [Name] had always teased me when I defended Clemont whenever the girls said something. Called me Clemont's man or something.

Never understood it though. And I still don't.

"I wonder if we'll also get to see [Name] and Calem," Bonnie suddenly said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"[Name]?" I asked, giving her a questionable look.

"Yeah! Every time we get to a new city, [Name] and Calem are always there! So maybe I thought we might see them today!" Bonnie explained excitedly.

The once happy mode we had disappeared at the mention of [Name] being here. That was going to be impossible since [Name] was still in a coma. We hadn't heard a word from her or her parents since that day.

"Bonnie, don't you remember?" Serena asked, her eyes full of sadness. "[Name]'s in a coma."

Bonnie's eyes glazed over as she stared at the snow-covered ground. "Oh, that's right. [Name] wouldn't be here because...she can't be."

My hands tighten tightly as my knuckles turned white. I glare up at the sky as snow continued to rain down on us. The group had grown silent while Sawyer decided to not say anything. I'm sure even he noticed the atmosphere.

"[Name]..." I breathed out, my eyes wandering to the city below.

~

My eyes widened with shock as my mouth dropped open. Pikachu, who sat on my shoulder, seemed equality as shocked as me. Serena let out a gasp of surprise, covering her mouth. Clemont opened his mouth to say something but no words come out. Bonnie's entire body was shaking with either happiness or surprise. Sawyer was the only one who kept his cool, sending a smile and waving.

[Name] stood in front of us with a smile, waving back. It was almost as if she hadn't been in a coma. Calem stared at us with a perplexed expression, possibly wondering what was wrong with us.