- 46 -

Calem had his head on his hands, his whole demeanor anxious. He glanced up with worried eyes and looked [Name]'s body. She laid in bed with no signs of movement beside her chest moving up and down. It has been six days since she lost control, almost a week. During that time, Calem spent the entire time by her side in hopes of any signs. He had run into the cabin in a panic, begging for someone to call the doctor or anyone. It felt like forever when they arrived. And when they did, Calem almost fainted at the news.

[Name] was in a coma.

The doctors didn't know when she was going to wake up. It seemed unlikely she'll wake up in a few weeks and even months. Not with the condition of her body. When asked about the blue hair on her left side, Calem didn't answer. He couldn't. He couldn't believe she was in a coma. Even right now, he couldn't believe it. As of now, she laid unresponsive.

Lucario was in another room, also in a deep sleep. Calem guessed because of [Name]'s condition, Lucario also wouldn't be able to wake up. He was in the same state as [Name]. Nurse Joy had been called in to check on Lucario's condition. She and Wigglytuff did everything in their power to help him wake up. Calem appreciated that.

The door behind him creaks open as Diantha walks in with Gardevior behind her. She quietly closes the door and makes her way towards Calem, a sorrowful expression on her face. She says nothing as she studies [Name]'s figure, taking note of all the wires around her body and a breathing mask on her face. It was sad to know that the once cheerful and full of life girl was now enclosed in this one room, trapped in her own body.

"Calem," Diantha gently said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "would you like to take a break? I'll stay in here with her if you'll like."

Calem said nothing, shaking his head as he closed his eyes. Diantha could see the dark bags under his eyes from lack of sleep. Not once did he leave this room or her side, fearing she'll disappear. Diantha didn't want to force him, not with her own worry. The production for her movie was put on hold for the time being. Diantha didn't mind as the health of [Name] was more important than anything.

"You need to eat something. [Name] wouldn't want you to be like this, would she?" Diantha spoke, giving his shoulder a little squeeze. Calem stayed quiet as Diantha sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. "We were able to communicate with her parents. They were in hysteric upon hearing the news. If I hadn't reassured them about her being safe with us, they would have flown all the way here."

Calem's ears perked up and he slowly looked up at Diantha. "Did... Have you told Ash about [Name]?"

"No, not yet. We haven't had a chance to get a hold of him," she explained. "But don't worry, once we do, we'll tell him to come down straight away."

"No...please don't tell him," Calem begged her, looking at her with pleading eyes. "Anyone but him. [Name] wouldn't want for him to know. Please."

Diantha was stunned about his plea. She would have expected him to agree to it and asked for him to hurry up. She didn't expect him to not be called down. Ash was close to [Name] so he should have the right to know. But if this is what Calem wishes, she won't.

"Alright, I won't. Just promise me you'll get some sleep and at least eat something. It's not good for your health," Diantha glanced back at [Name] and shook her head. "We're going to go check on Lucario. Nurse Joy had mentioned she saw slight movement from his paws. Be sure to get some rest."

With that, she and Gardevoir left the room, leaving Calem alone with [Name] once again. What Diantha told him, it was true. He should eat something and rest for the time being. But how could he when the person he loved was in a coma. He couldn't do anything. Calem pushed a strand of hair from [Name]'s face and touched her cheek with his finger.