- 37 -

::: Calem's POV :::

The river let out a burble sound, an almost calming and peaceful sound as it traveled downstream. It gently crashed along the river bank. The sun shone brightly in the sky as a breeze blew past us. With all the peacefulness around here, you would think this was a normal day. There wasn't anything in sight to ruin it. But obviously, our days weren't always peaceful nor normal.

[Name] and I stared down at a small, green familiar looking Pokemon. It had a blue core on its stomach. It looked tired and heavily injured. With its one eye, it peered at us frightfully and cautiously. It tried to stand up, but due to its injuries, it dropped back to the ground. While we stopped to take a short break beside the river, we happened to spot the Pokemon floating downstream. Immediately, we took it out and placed it back on the land. And much to our surprise, the Pokemon looked exactly like Squishy except it had a blue core on its stomach.

"What should we do?" I ask.

[Name] bit her lip and placed a hand under chin. "First things first, we better take it somewhere safe. If it came from downstream and looking heavily injured, something or someone must be after it. Staying here is a bad choice."

"If I remember correctly, there must be savanna just up ahead. It will only take us ten minutes," I state, remembering when I looked at [Name]'s device.

"So a mile?" [Name] sighed and looked back down. "Well, we better hurry."

[Name] gently picked up the Pokemon in her hands and carefully made sure not to hurt it any further. I didn't want to point it out, but the Pokemon's core began to glow slightly the moment [Name] picked it up. I don't why, but something told me this Pokemon wasn't normal.

~

We arrived at the savanna, both out of breath and completely exhausted. Taking a sit under a tree, I take off my hat and wave it in front of my face. [Name] leaned against the tree for support, her breathing coming out heavy. She looked down at the Pokemon in her arms and gasped. I stand back up and look down to see the Pokemon looking even weaker. It could barely open its eye.

"Calem, didn't Squishy get its energy from the sun or something?" she asked, looking around the area.

"Um yeah, I think it did," I thought back on how Squishy's body glowed green as it laid on a rock, taking in the energy from the sun.

[Name] looked up at the tree and smiled. "Hey, give me a boost."

"Don't tell me you're going to place it on the tree," I sigh, eyeing the branches on the tree. "The easiest way is to just place it out there rather than climbing."

"Yeah, but putting it out in the open isn't such a good idea," [Name] argued.

"The tree isn't much better, but whatever you say," I connect my hands together and bent down. "Hop on."

[Name] smiled and placed her right foot on my hands. With all my strength and her jumping, I gave her a boost up on the tree. She climbed up and sat on one of the branches before climbing all the way to the top. She placed the Pokemon on a branch and immediately, its body began to glow green, taking in all of the sunlight. [Name], without hesitation, jumped down from the tree and landed perfectly on her two feet. She sent me a grin and gave me a wink. I just rolled my eyes at her attitude, a small amused smile placed on my lips.

Based on the Pokemon's injuries I'll say it will probably take a while before it is fully healed up. I took this as a chance to take out the notebook and began to write down some information. I wrote some when Squishy appeared but it wasn't enough to help with anything. I did write down the way its blue core glowed when [Name] picked it up. And I also began to draw its appearance.