4. Plan

After the call , Emilia headed to the study upstairs on the second floor of her apartment. She quickly entered, found some paper, and sat down by her desk to begin planning.

To survive in the apocalypse, there were many things that needed considering. Plus, Emilia didn't plan to spend this life the same as her last, living on a thread. She wanted to live comfortably in the end days, just like those officials and military leaders. She wanted Qin Lu to still grow up in a great environment even in those times , and to do that, she needed to prepare well.

Now, though most people believed that the most important thing to have in that apocalypse was food but from experience, Emilia could confidently say that food only came second and the most important was shelter .

The apocalypse is called an apocalypse for a reason. It's dangerous. From the people who run lawless to nature itself.

A shelter can help keep one safe from all the thieves ,murderers, and crazy extreme weather. The weather during the apocalypse is either extreme summer or extreme winter. Most of the time , it is usually super hot or freezing cold. Plus, it could rain for weeks on end without stopping. Heck, more people were killed by the weather itself and not the zombies.

So, the first thing on Emilia's agenda was a house.

Not only did the house have to be safe but the area as well. With the coming of the end times, many bases were established by the military in all major cities. Though some did fall at some point, it was always the safest place to be.

The strongest bases that we're present in her past life were the base in S City and the base in H city. S City was the closest to A city compared to H city, so that's where she planned to go.

Though the population was dense there, most of the countries' political and the strongest military bases were stationed there, thereby making it the safest.

Emilia planned to buy a house in the area where the base was built in her last life. The base was developed around a new villa area that was being developed. If she moved fast enough, she could buy a house in the area before it became popular and expensive. That way, she could guarantee a safe place for her and little Qin to reside in when the end time came.

Next on the list was food source. Though she could get seeds at her workplace ,that wasn't nearly enough.

She needed to buy lots of ready-made products such as rice, flour, mielie meal, canned food, biscuits, snacks, and oil.

Fresh vegetables and meat could not be kept for long, so seeds we're a priority. As for meat, she could only buy a large amount of them since there would be no place for her to keep the livestock even if she could get her hands on them. The Villa was only so big.

Milk also seems to be a big issue. Little Qin loved milk, so she definitely had to have some. But the problem was that the shelf life for milk was only so long. Even if she could research how to increase its shelf life ,all the milk would still go bad at almost the same time, so that wasn't viable. She could get lots of milk powder for him but it wasn't the same. The milk powder did not have nearly the same amount of nutrition as fresh milk did.

Seems improving the nutrition level of powdered milk should also go up to the top of her agenda.

Emilia also needed to get her hands on modified vehicles. This would make it easier for her during times she needed to go out and collect materials. Normal cars would not do.

Weapons could also prove useful. Though in her previous life, Emilia awakened the metal ability, she wasn't sure if she would still be able to awaken it in this life, so she wanted to be prepared.

With her civilian status, there was no way she could get her hands on guns, but knives, metal rods, bow, and arrows could still be of use. She could also collect lots of metal just in case she did awaken her ability.

Getting gold and silver was also a priority. Two years after the apocalypse began, scientists made weapons using gold and silver, which caused great harm to zombies.
The value of them shot up after that.

Of course, collecting it now was too expensive, so she would have to collect during the first days of the apocalypse. At that time, people only cared about collecting food, so that was a perfect time for her to loot.

Emilia also needed to get her hands on clothes and blankets. During winter, the weather was too cold, causing a large number of people to freeze to death, so warm clothes and blankets were a major priority.

After jotting down all her points, satisfied, Emilia went down to make herself some lunch.