45.Discussion

The vine completely went straight to the back of her mind as she immediately ran towards Ling Xiao the moment she heard him gasp. She threw her arms around him once he was within her reach.

"Are you okay? how are you feeling?" She asked, looking him up and down

"I'm all right. Except for a slight headache and a little nausea, I'm feeling fine. They both just passed by anyway, " Ling Xiao responded, holding her arms.

"That's good," Emilia responded as she calmed herself down.

"What's wrong? did something unexpected happen?" Ling Xiao asked. He could tell from her expression that something that shouldn't have happened happened.

"This is my fault," she said, lowering her head." I misunderstood when the vine said we could use two petals, and because of that, I almost killed you. Turns out he meant one at a time, not two at once. I'm sorry. "

"That's alright, you weren't aware yourself, so I can't blame you." He responded." So, does that mean that we didn't undergo the same process?"

"No, according to the vine, what you endured was at least five times what we underwent," Emilia replied. "By the way, just how painful was it?"

"It was insane," Ling Xiao responded. "It came to a point where I actually felt like asking for death. I've never experienced anything like that in both lifetimes."

"Wow, it must have been really bad then. No wonder your brain went into self-defence mode." She mumbled

"Self-defense mode? What do you mean?" He asked, looking at her puzzled

"The vine said that your brain disconnected itself from the rest of the body as a way to protect itself." She responded

"No wonder I suddenly couldn't feel anything, and I passed out," he responded.

"Forget about that. How do you feel now?" Emilia asked

"I feel like I have the body of a fourth-level ability user with the strength of a second-level, if not third-level, power ability," Ling Xiao replied standing up to swing his arms and kick his legs. "Even then, my body feels way lighter like a heavy burden has just been lifted off my body."

"Well, the lightness must come from having a whole lot of impurities removed from your body. I also felt the same after having undergone my baptism." She said after contemplating a bit. "The only thing is, I most probably have the body of a second-level and the strength of a first-level power ability user. I guess it has something to do with the fact that you've undergone at least two baptisms already." Emilia said.

"Mhm," he nodded, "right, what's up with this space anyway? Where did you get something so magical like?" He asked, his curiosity has gotten the best of him. He was curious to know just where this magical space randomly appeared.

"I don't really know much about this place yet, the guardian spirit was not so keen on sharing much information about itself and this space since we are still on a trial test," she responded. "As for where I got it... this space was kind of attached to me one time six months ago when I was in the woods. It happened actually about a few days before we met. Of course, I only found out about this space early in the morning today."

"And this guardian, is the golden vine you've mentioned before?"

"Yes, that's the one. It is also the one that woke you up just now." She replied

"Can I maybe meet this guardian?" He asked, curious to see just what this guardian looked like.

"Sure, but maybe another time. It wasn't really happy that I called for it to save you not even 24 hours since it told me not to disturb it, but I'm sure you can meet it the next time you come here." She responded