44. Complications

Emilia watched as Ling Xiao disappeared into the water. Even though she appeared calm before him, she was still worried about what could happen.

From the very beginning, only one petal has been used at a time. But for him, she used two. Holding her hands together, all she could do now was hope that the plumeria spirit did not lie to her.

The moment Ling Xiao was dragged into the water, he felt a terrifying pressure descend upon him. The pain was too much, way more than he had expected. He watched as his skin slowly began to crack, and blood began to seep out.

It honestly felt like his body was about to explode at that very moment.

After silently enduring the pain for 5 minutes, Ling Xiao couldn't stop himself anymore. He could only open his mouth, wanting to let out a blood-curdling scream, but that didn't happen as the moment his mouth opened, the golden lake water flooded straight down his throat.

With the entrance of the lake water, a crazy transformation began happening inside his body. Ling Xiao could barely hold on to his sanity at that moment. The pain was just unbearable. He could feel his organs being crushed and remodeled, and his bones felt as if they had turned liquid for a moment before they began slowly hardening again. The entire process was vividly clear.

At that very moment, Ling Xiao wanted nothing more than to just pass out. He couldn't take this pain anymore.

Just when it felt like his body couldn't hold on anymore, a large mass of glowing green Vines appeared before his eyes. Even though his eyes were not as sharp as usual underwater, he still noticed a silver color on the tips of the vines. That was the last thing he saw before he was forced into a semi-unconscious state.

Even though his eyes were closed and he couldn't control his body, that didn't eliminate the pain he was feeling. He had never felt anything as painful as this in both of his two lives. His body felt like it was being stabbed and drilled into it, and his insides felt like they were being crushed and sucked out.

His mind finally couldn't take it anymore, and it forcefully shut itself down, going into an almost protective state. As if his nervous system was forcefully cut off from his brain, Ling Xiao suddenly couldn't feel pain anymore. His body and brain, even though still connected, were like two separate entities now. Since his spirit was no longer strained, he was finally overcome by exhaustion, and he passed out.

The remodeling didn't stop just because the host passed out. Instead, it increased rapidly. Without brain resistance, the plumeria could now work to the fullest of its abilities.

The bones were remolded and refortified laced with a white glow on them. Now that all the impurities in them were removed, his bones now looked porcelain white. All the old scars on his organs from injuries and bullet wounds were washed away, making them look as good as new. his muscles became tougher while more flexible and his skin stronger. If there was a way to measure the body's optimization, then one would have noticed that Ling Xiao's body now had at least twice the strength of a top special forces soldier. Before the apocalypse even began, Ling Xiao now had the strength a person would normally have once, having reached Level 2 baptism during the apocalypse.

Emilia and Ling Qin only had Level 1 strength since they both only underwent baptism with one petal. Even still, their strength would be more potent than others of that same category since the plumeria did a better job at toxins extraction than the Ganria blood did.

The ganria blood itself would leave behind some toxins as well, which, combined with impurities already in the body, would weaken the body a bit from the inside. The awakening of abilities also didn't come with complete body remodification as the plumeria could.