30 Past life

'Ha who would have thought that my husband was reborn as well. Well to be honest the signs were there ,I just didn't want to see them ,i guess.

Just thinking about it his arrival should have been a sign but then again that alone would not have given him away. Unlike me he did not even give away even a little piece of evidence or clue to even raise any suspicions about his identity . He gave off nothing at all . Heck if he hadn't admitted to it himself yesterday l would have never thought of it at all . That guy seems to be an even better actor than me. He must have been laughing at me all this time . Hmpf that guy and his stupid stone face.'

"Hai"Emilia sighed and rolled to over face Ling Xiao . After staring at his face for a full minute Emilia's restless thoughts calmed down ." Why am I thinking about this too much anyway.
Isn't it better that he knows. That way proceeding will be easier."

'But even then why do I feel...scammed.'

"Aggh!" Emilia pulled her hair frustrated. 'What am I even doing' she sighed and rolled over again, lying on her back and facing the roof.

"Can't sleep?"A deep voice sounded from beside her.

"Whoa" Emilia exclaimed as she quickly turned to face him startled.
"You're awake?" she placed a hand over her beating heart taking breaths to calm herself down

"Ya no one would be able to sleep with you rolling around like that." he chuckled turning placing his arm under his cheek and hoisting himself up a bit "so what's bothering you?"

"I just feel... I just feel restless and nervous i guess . You know for the future- Sometimes When I look at how peaceful everything is , after getting a chance to experience all this again I just don't wanna let it go again." She flopped back onto the bed.

"Guess the saying really is true"

"What saying?" Ling Xiao asked her

"You know the one of how it is hard to go from riches to frugality. I dont think I'll be able to stand going back to live in that filthy apocalypse again. Just the thought of it makes me want to puke"

Ling Xiao was silent for a little while before he responded "Well even if I can't stop our desent to poverty I can still afford to make you the village queen."

Looking at Ling Xiao saying those words with a serious face Emilia couldn't help but break into laughter

"Ok don't be so serious I'm sure this apocalypse will not be so bad. We've both been preparing right."

"Mhm" Ling Xiao hummed "I'm guessing the house in S city is your preparation"
He asked

"Yep" feeling energised Emilia sat up again. "The house has been redesigned and reinforced by me. It has bullet proof windows, sound proof walls, steel doors covered in wood for disguise, an extra large basement for storage, a greenhouse and a comfy living space, I've also installed solar panels on the entire roof but had it covered by a special material to make it look like they are not there in the first place. Oh right the inside of the walls are actually made of steal ,you know to reinforce them incase of an attack."

"You've really thought everything through haven't you?" Ling Xiao looked at his wife amazed.

"Of course that's the house I'll be staying in for who knows how many years to come I have to be prepared don't I. And I've made it look like a normal house so no one will ever known that our house is different from the rest.Aint I just the greatest" Emilia looked at Ling Xiao with anticipation

"Yes you are" Ling Xiao sat up and rubbed her head.

Emilia's behaviour reminded Ling Xiao that Emilia herself was still young only being 24. He really should get her to do less and enjoy her youth