39. Divine tree

"What are you still sitting around for? Get up already!" The voice of the golden vine rang out

"Why you..." Emilia raised her head to complain about the vine only to be rendered speechless by the sight in front of her. Standing in front of her was a behemoth of a tree. The tree was so large that she couldn't even see around it. It would probably take around ten people holding hands to even be able to wrap around the front side of the tree alone and not the back.

The bark of the tree was a glittery silver white and the hanging leaves were a mixture of pure white, grey, silver, and blue while a golden vine was wrapped around the bark and hanging on multiple branches. The tree looked so mystical and unreal yet gorgeous. On the leaves, Emilia spotted a few plumeria flowers while the rest of the tree had flower buds.

"Wow, this is gorgeous." Emilia breathed out

"No, it's not perfect. What you see here is just a shell of this divine tree's former glory." The golden vine said, moving further up on the bark.

"A shell..?" Emilia asked, puzzled.

"Come around to the other side of the tree," the vine spoke to her again in her conscious.

"Oh," Emilia said as she walked to the edge of the tree to go around to the back.

The moment Emilia reached the back of the tree, her mouth immediately fell open, shocked by the sight in front of her.

The tree that looked so beautiful and white on one side looked horrifyingly black on the other. The branches looked dead and broken, grey and lifeless. The tree was completely bare with no leaves or flower insight, and the tree had a nauseating rotting stench to it. Emilia could see a growing black line moving towards the pure white side of the tree.

"This!! What is this?!" Emilia asked in shock

"That is what this tree will look like in 100 years. What we will look like." A soft sigh sounded in her ears.

"What's wrong with it?"

" I can't get into details, but what I can tell you is that the tree suffered a major attack a few thousand years ago, and its vitality was injured. I've been using the spiritual energy in this space to heal it over these years, but as you can see, I've only managed to heal half of it, and now the spiritual energy is almost depleted. The spiritual energy will probably be completely depleted in 100 years, and once that happens, the rest of the vitality of the tree will be swallowed by the darkness, killing the tree and myself." The voice of the vine rang explaining itself.

"Seeing as the spiritual energy here is depleting I obviously can't rely on it to heal our injuries and instead need another source of vitality and energy to complete that task and restore the energy of this space."

"And that's where I come in, right?" Emilia said, seeming to understand why she was brought here.

"Yes. I need you to collect for me pure energy sources from the outside world and in exchange, I'll let you use this space outside to plant some plants for yourself and also share with you some of my flowers." The vine continued

"What benefit will there be in planting plants here?"

"Don't look down on this place just because I'm injured. Even when injured, this place is still the best place on this planet for planting plants. Not only will the plants grow faster, they will also contain pure energy, which is good for strengthening the body and preventing illness. After growing in here for a while and under the baptism of my flowers, the plants planted here can also gain medical properties. That alone should be exciting enough for you, not to mention that I'm also going to give you some of my flowers. You have already experienced the baptism of one of my flower petals once during your first visit. I'm sure you should have noticed that the plumeria on your neck is missing a petal, that's because you have already used one chance, meaning you still have four chances to get the baptism again. And if you help me I can also provide you with more chances and even other benefits." The vine said, explaining all the benefits that came with it.