40 Baptism

As Ling Xiao walked out of Ling Qin's bedroom, he bumped into Emilia who had just come from the garden.

"What's wrong, why are you running?" Ling Xiao asked as he held on to her shoulders to stabilize her.

"What time are you leaving?" Emilia asked him

"I need to leave now, any later, and I'll be late." Ling Xiao said as he looked at his watch. " Why, what's wrong?"

"I have something with me that can increase your strength but the process takes about an hour to complete, will you be able to come back here before you depart for your mission or should I come there," Emilia responded a little anxiously

"What do you mean you have something to increase my strength?" Ling Xiao asked puzzled. At this point, Ling Qin now stood by the door of his room as he looked at his parents. he also wanted t know what his mom was talking about.

"I got a space like a thing that gives me a few chances to undergo baptism and increase the strength of the body. There is not enough time to explain since your leaving, but you definitely cannot leave for your mission without undergoing It."

Seeing how serious Emilia was, Ling
Xiao went silent for a bit as he thought about what he should do. As a soldier discipline is one of the most important values they need to have so he couldn't delay leaving as that would cause problems. It also didn't seem likely for him to come back after the meeting as preparations would also take long, and Emilia couldn't come herself to the base as that would require a lot of permission and paperwork and it might raise suspicions from some unwanted people.

"How about you go wait for me at Prowling hotel at around 4 am, we plan to stop at that area for about an hour and a half before we head off."

"Alright I'll head over there, but won't your teammates find it strange if you suddenly disappear for an hour? Especially when you are doing a mission? And why would you guys stop by a hotel when you're supposed to be heading for your mission" Emilia asked worriedly.

"You don't need to worry about that, I'll make all the arrangements properly, as for stopping at a hotel. We don't plan on staying at the hotel, but we do plan on losing some people there. Not everyone is to be trusted in that place." Ling Xiao responded. "But as for now, I gotta go before I'm late." He said as he glanced at the clock on the wall.

"Mhm ok, go ahead" Emilia nodded.

Nodding his head Ling Xiao bent down till he was Ling Qin's height. stretching out his hand he rubbed his head. " You take care of yourself, okay bud and I'll see you soon."

"mhm," Ling Qin nodded his head silently.

"Good boy.." Ling Xiao said kissing his head before he stood back up. He then stood up and kissed Emilia's head as well. '' I'll see you in a little while."

"Mhm, keep safe" Emilia responded.

After taking another look at the two Ling Xiao tightened the straps of his bag and headed out the door. Ling Qin and Emilia walked him to the door and watched him enter the car and drive off. Not before waving at them once more. The two stood there up until the car disappeared before they headed back inside.

Noticing Ling Qin's mood not being too good, Emilia reached out and rubbed his head.

"Don't worry, he's going to be okay. Alright? "

"Mhm," Ling Qin hummed. "Mom what was it that you were referring to when you said you have something that can increase our strength "

"Right, come on, follow me!" Emilia said as she pulled him towards the greenhouse upstairs. Quickly entering the code she opened the door and pulled him inside before making sure to close it.