17 Deal

"Ling Xiao!?" Emilia exclaimed her eyes opening wide. Shock filling her eyes.
To that Ling Xiao just smiled brightly at her. The fact that his beloved still remembered his name after all these years pleased him. He did not question how she knew his name because he knew that he had mentioned it to her seven years ago, that night that little Qin was conceived.

"Why are you here?" Emilia asked incredulous.

In the ears of the others the question seemed as if Emilia was asking why her friend popped up to visit announced but only she knew that she was referring to why this man had showed up way ahead of timeline.

Don't get her wrong , of course she wished to meet him sooner but she thought that she would only be able to meet him about a two months later during the unraveling of the new statue in city S. That was where she had met him in her previous life and that was where she had decided to go and look for him. That was her best option after all a man of his status was hard to track and meet. Plus if she remembered correctly, Ling Xiao in her past life did not seem to know of their existence but only found out about them when one of his comrades had mentioned how Qin Lu looked too much like him. And from what he had told her it was only after an investigation that he had found out that he was really his son. All that was supposed to take place a week before the apocalypse. That was also another reason they had met only two years after the apocalypse by coincidence. Unfortunately by that time Qin Lu had already died so he never got to meet his father in person and vice versa.

"I heard from little Qin here that mother father and brother Tianyi were coming over to visit so I finished my work early so I could finally meet them in person." Ling Xiao shamelessly replied.

Qin Lu looked at his father in surprise clearly knowing that he had never said such a thing, heck he had only ever had contact with his dad earlier today. But even so the boy was a smart child so he knew how to play along and how to act in certain situations so he only smiled at his mom to show agreement. Since he did not say anything nor did he not his head it couldn't exactly be called lying to his mom, could it? Feeling that his conscious was clear the boy quickly got over the matter and looked at the three other people who had come in with his mom.

Clearly they were his grandparents and uncle. He had to say that their appearance shocked him. He had thought that his grandparents would look old or better say aged but that was not the case. The two were in great shape and they looked as if they were both in their early forties not what he had expected at all. It seemed like the two grandparents took care of themselves, as they looked quite spirited.

His grandma had the aura of a loving and patient yet cultured and strong woman who could stand her ground and as for his grandfather he had the aura of a patriarch of a big ancient family. By his aura alone one could tell that the man was definitely not ordinary. His uncle was another issue he looked like he was in his early twenties but from what his mom had told him the man should be approaching twenty eight. He was in great shape, if one did not know with his aura it was easy to mistake him for a highly trained soldier. Not an ordinary one at that but a highly dangerous one, even so that aura did nothing to hide his aura of a king that the young man had cultivated from his years in business. Only that his grandfather's aura was more dominant. Qin Lu had learned from his mom that  their family owned a company that was based in the capital. Only that her brother was the one now managing it in place of her father .While looking at his uncle he saw the man turned to address his mother. Sure enough even his voice was filled with power. He was more and more satisfied with this family.

"Emilia who is he?" Lu Tianyi asked his sister." He is he's .. um" Emilia stumbled trying to find the right answer to explain Ling Xiao origins. She couldn't exactly say that he was the man that got her pregnant that she hadn't seen in six years right? "He's..."

"I'm her fiancé" came Ling Xiao voice, "as well as the father of little Qin here." His words shocked everyone in that room. Emilia for one was completely dumbfounded. Did something go wrong , how could this man she hadn't seen in six years become her fiancé, for what she remembered she had not yet had a boyfriend even. The years she had spent as Ling Xiao's girlfriend in the apocalypse was not counted. All for the fact that the apocalypse had not taken place yet.

Even though she was slightly confused warmth still spread through her chest from his words. "Fiancé? Little Qin father?" Her brother mumbled clearly not having expected that answer. Clearly the fact that his sister had already grown up and was a mother hadn't sunk in yet.

"Yes that's right" Ling Xiao said reaffirming his words. Seeing that her brother was about to say something else Emilia acted first " Ehh little Qin come greet grandma Grandpa and your eldest uncle. I'll be back in a little bit. She said addressing her son before she turned towards Ling Xiao, " Ling Xiao can you come with me please" she said to him, but she did not even give him time to consider before pulling him out of the room towards the back door.

Once they were outside and finally far from her parents Emilia let go of his hand and turned to face him. Feeling the loss from his hand Ling Xiao felt a little sad before he quickly got rid of those emotions and looked at the woman in front of him. She is still as beautiful as his memory he thought to himself.

"Yooou why are you here? how are you here?" Emilia asked the man in front of her.
"One of my men had recognized Qin  Lu and informed me about it and after a little investigating I discovered that he was my son. As for me the reason I am here is because I want to be a father to my son." Ling Xiao said.

"You.. " Emilia started "I Know that my actions early were a bit overboard and I apologize for that but it's not like I was lying actually." He finished .

Now Emilia was incensed, what does he mean he wasn't lying they were not engaged. "You I am not your fiancé heck we haven't even dated or met more than once. This is my first time even properly talking to you! How is it not a lie?" she questioned him.

"Because it will be a reality in a little while." Ling Xiao said to her

"Ha?" Emilia was beyond confused.
"As a soldier , values are something that has been ingrained into me. I can't let my son wander outside as well as to let you take on the task of raising him by yourself, taking responsibility for the actions of both of us. I don't want my son to grow up without his father especially when I'm still around and I'm sure you also don't want that." Ling Xiao said staring straight into her eyes.

It's true she thought to herself. One of her biggest regrets in her past life was not giving Qin Lu's complete family and childhood. She always used to wonder if things would have been different if Ling Xiao was around . And after meeting him and getting to know him during the time after little Qin's death she really did. Seeing his strength ,great values and high morality she always regretted that Qin Lu did not live to meet him. Maybe if Ling Xiao had been a part of their lives sooner things would have been better.

"You , what exactly are you trying to say?"  Emilia asked him.

"Marry me!"  Ling Xiao declared

"What!!" Emilia exclaimed shocked by his request.

"Hear me out first. When I said that I want Qin Lu to have a full family earlier I meant one that would always be together and not a situation where by he can only see the parents twice or thrice a week. That is not a family. And I know that marriage is not a game so I'm telling you that once we marry I will not marry again, those are my principals. I know that this is not something easy for you so how about we have a deal." He said

"What deal?" " Let's get married now and six months later if you see that the marriage is still not working then we can divorce. But let me make this clear that if six months later if we have not divorced by law then you will have to be my wife for the rest of your life." In six months time the world would have already ended and there will be no law, so how could she possibly leave?

" I can also guarantee that if you do decide to divorce I won't fight you for custody . So you don't have to worry .Let me reassure you that I will treat you well and will not let you or little Qin suffer with me around."

Taking a breath Ling Xiao looked her dead in the eyes. "So what do you say do we have a deal?" Ling Xiao asked her stretching out his hand towards her.