5.Shopping

"Hey Lu Qin are you ok you seem a little distracted today?" asked Blake one of Qin Lu's friends. Though Qin Lu didn't like interacting with other kids his age, Blake just happens to be part of the few that he tolerates . Probably has something to do with the fact that Blake was his neighbor and the two of them practically grew up in the same pair of pants, courtesy of their mothers of course. Plus Blake was not as irritating as other kids so he reluctantly considered him as a friend.

"No it's nothing "replied Qin Lu ."Really cause you are never this distracted, you weren't even paying attention during Maths and isn't that like you're favorite subject or something." 

"Ya I'm fine nothing serious, come on lunch break will probably come to an end soon let's get going."

Finally coming to realize that lunch period was coming to an end without him eating anything, Blake ran off to the cafeteria to get himself some food before it finished.

Once Qin Lu was left alone he looked back outside and began thinking about what happened earlier today with his mom. It would be a lie saying that seeing his mom in tears didn't bother him. It bothered him a lot but it he couldn't do anything about it because he was caught off guard.

Something was definitely wrong with her and he didn't believe that nothing had happened. His mom valued her job so she wouldn't have skipped work for nothing.

Yes he knew she was skipping. As intelligent as he was, how could he not tell that she was lying about today being her off day. He already knew her work schedule by heart since it had been the same for the last two years and if it had been changed his mom would have told him.

' Maybe she just wanted to rest. I hope that's all there is to it and nothing serious happened. Seems like I will have to pay more attention to her from now on to make sure everything's ok.'

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Came the bell. With that Qin Lu packed his books and weren't to his next class.

.......................

After Emilia had finished eating lunch, seeing that there were still two hours before she had to pick up Qin Lu , she decided to go to the mall and see if she could start buying some simple materials . Things that she could keep in the house before she bought the new one she was planning to make into a bunker/ warehouse

She changed her clothes than went out with her car. Driving out of the community, Emilia couldn't help but marvel at the outside world. The tall high-rise buildings, all the people walking on the streets, cars , shops and restaurants. All the things that had disappeared once the apocalypse had fallen. Thinking about how she had once been a part of the crowd, living life ignorantly and unaware of the danger brewing in the shadows, Emilia felt a chill run down her spine. Looking at the bustling city she just couldn't believe that all this would be gone and become a part of distant beautiful history in just a span of a year .

After a span of a minute Emilia recollected herself and drove into the mall. After parking her car she went straight up to the 3rd floor.
The mall was made up of a total of six floors and the third floor was where all the clothing stores were located.

Once there she went into the first floor and began her frenzy shopping. Collecting all the winter clothes she could find, both for her and little Qin.
She didn't care even if the clothes were too big, thinking about how in a year she wouldn't be able to buy them even if she wanted to, she began buying even more.

By the time Emilia finished her shopping she realized that she had spent more time in the mall than she had expected. It was almost time for her to pick up little Qin. When she came she only planned on buying clothes but she ended buying bags, shoes ,blankets ,makeup and even cardboards and even beds .

She obviously couldn't take all these things with her so she only took the small things with her and had the rest sent to a warehouse she had hired earlier that day.

Once everything was arranged she got in her car and drove straight towards Goldline private school.