36.Mission complete

"Are you back?" Blake asked as he saw Ling Qin's icon in the chat become active again

"Ya, I'm done with what I was doing. How far are you now?" Ling Qin asked as he unpaused his game and resumed his action of leaving the apartment.

"I'm already on the second floor and I'm making my way down", where are you?" Blake responded

"I'm just leaving the apartment now"

"Oh then hurry up! Don't let me leave you too far behind." Blake mocked him

"Tsk, you wouldn't be ahead of me if I hadn't logged off. Don't be so smug!" Ling Qin snarled back at him as he walked down the corridor. There were only two more apartments left before he reached the staircase.

"Bah! Who cares who was ahead first all we care about is the winner ok, the winner!" Blake responded quite cheerful.

"You...!" just as Ling Qin was about to respond the door of the last apartment burst open and a middle-aged male zombie with a hole in his stomach came charging toward him. Seeing as how it was still the beginning of the apocalypse the Zombies in the game also weren't moving so fast so Ling Qin was still able to react on time. 

Seeing as he was still in the corridor there was not a lot of space for Ling Qin to maneuver so Ling Qin decided to face the zombie head-on. Once they were close enough that Ling Qin could reach the zombie he quickly shot out his leg and kicked the zombie In its stomach pushing the zombie two steps back. Ling Qin took this chance to swing his bat at the Zombies' head. Once the hit landed he immediately took back his bat and used more force to hammer Into the zombie's head smashing its brain into smithereens. 

Just then a whooshing sound came straight at Ling Qin from behind the zombie that was about to fall.

 "Shit!"

 Just as the sharp black nails from the new zombie were about to catch hold of Ling Qin's shirt Ling Qin quickly jumped back escaping from the Zombies hand by just a hairs breath. The zombie didn't let him go that easily though, it kept moving closer towards him while swinging its hands at him. 

The zombie did not give Ling Qin any chance to fight back so he was forced to continuously dodge the hand by moving backwards. Ling Qin knew that he couldn't keep this up for too long or he will be trapped by the zombie In just a few seconds once he reached the end of the corridor so he began observing the zombies movements as it swung at him. He soon noticed that when the zombie swung at him one of its legs would move forward by just a bit. Ling Qin knew that that was the opportunity he needed so when the zombie swung at him again Ling Qin did not dodge backwards again but ducked under its arm bringing his bat with him, he quickly hit the Zombies outstretched leg disturbing its balance by a bit.

Just as the zombie stumbled a bit Ling Qin stabbed his bat straight into the Zombies stomach. The zombie hunched over from the impact and Ling Qin swung his bat upwards and hit the Zombie right on its chin. As the female zombie shot back Ling Qin quickly stood up and swung at the zombies head. 

Landing a hit on the zombies neck Ling Qin continued swinging at its neck and hitting it until the zombies head dislocated from the rest of the body. Even though that was the case Ling Qin knew that unless the Zombies brain was destroyed the zombie could still stand back up so he ran to the position where the head landed and ruthlessly hit it only stopping when its brain had become mush. 

Once Ling Qin saw that the number of zombies killed to complete the side mission had changed from two zombies to three he could finally relax. Seeing that his energy levels were low he retrieved some bread from his backpack and ate a few slices only stopping when his energy levels were back to a hundred. He then drank some water to fill his water levels before he stalked towards the apartment where the two zombies came from. Slowly entering the room he swept his eyes at every corner to make sure that there was no other zombies inside before he could finally relax and continue on his way towards the stairs.