23. Eyes playing tricks

"What is this?" Emilia asked herself, her hand reaching for her neck trying to touch the blue flower.

When her hand reached there though all she could feel under her finger was her skin and nothing else. Wanting to confirm that her eyes were not playing a trick on her Emilia moved towards the glass wall that made up the greenhouse to see her reflection but when she did she was bound to be disappointed because there was clearly nothing there.

No mark, flower or glowing blue light nothing. After registering that her her mind was just playing tricks on her due to her lack of sleep Emilia let it go and went back to continue watering her plants. Thinking of it now it seemed really stupid of her. If there really was some blue flower on her neck wouldn't Ling Xiao have noticed it earlier or wouldn't she have seen it when she was washing her face . There was clearly nothing there then and nothing there now.

Once Emilia had begun watering her plants again her eyes couldn't help but drift off to the puddle again only to see the glowing blue flower still rooted at the same place .

'This.... It's still here? But it was not here a minute ago.' Feeling confused Emilia ran back to the wall but there was still nothing. Emilia began to move back and forth between the puddle and the wall and just like herself the flower would appear and disappear.

'Since I keep seeing it then it clearly cannot be just a hallucination so why does it keep disappearing?' Emilia thought to herself as she bent down to get a closer look at the little blue flower through the puddle which had greatly increased by size at this point.

While going down Emilia's hand lighty brushed against a leaf and almost immediately the light of the blue flower increased, almost enough for her to see the light without looking at the puddle.

'Ohh' Emilia said to herself moving her hand to grasp on the leaf and just as expected the blue light increased. Releasing her hand though, though the light was still there it was not as bright and as she backed away from the plant Emilia watched the light decrease bit by bit until it was all gone by the time she had reached the glass wall.

Huh so the closer I am to a plant the greater the light. Emilia moved back to the plant and broke off a leaf before she headed back to the house. She immediately headed to the bathroom in her bedroom, walking straight to the mirror once inside.

Emilia had come all the way here to get a clearer view of what was on her neck since the puddle and glass of the greenhouse was not so clear. Holding the leaf in one hand Emilia moved closer to the mirror to get a good view of the flower that had miraculously appeared under her neck.

The blue flower was small to say but it's design was very beautiful and delicate. The flower was made up of five petals and it had two leaves on opposite sides . Though there was a petal missing making the five petal flower become a four petal flower. Even then that did not diminish the sense of beauty and elegance the flower held.

Moving forward a bit more Emilia tried getting a better look at the petals but she wasn't able to clearly see it no matter how close she got to the mirror, instead the flower was no longer in view . Her eyes could no longer see it.

"Haha what are you doing?"  Ling Xiao said from behind her.

"Ahh!" Emilia jumped bumping her head on the shelf above her.

"Sii oww!" Emilia moaned moving her hand to her throbbing head to give it a light rub.

"Haha" Ling Xiao chuckled lightly only to receive a glare from Emilia.

"Quit laughing you jerk! How can you just show up like that are you a ghost."

"Ok ok" Ling Xiao said trying to restrain his laugh while walking towards her.