34.Secret rooms

"Okay come on down and check it out." Emilia said as she began leading them down the stairs after turning on the lights.

Before the lights were switched on the basement was pitch black. One couldn't even see their own hands right infront of them let alone what was inside but once the lights were turned on the entire space brightened up.

Lights lined the ceiling illuminating the entire basement. Walking down the stairs cabinets and shelves filled with supplies came into view. From their view point the right side of the basement looked like a library filled with shelves in straight lines keeping little to no distance from one another.

"Gosh its so full in here. How do you know where to find anything?" Ling Qin asked still shocked by the mere size of the basement .

"There are signs."Emilia said as she pointed at the signs that were placed at the entrance of each passage.

The left side looked more like a regular warehouse though . It was more open and was filled with boxes stacked on top of each other.

"Most of the things in the boxes are things I havent gotten a chance to pack yet while the others are probably going to stay In there until they are needed." Emilia said as she descended down the stairs with the two males following right behind her.

"You've done quite a lot of collecting" Ling Xiao said as he took a look around

"Ya but it's not nearly enough. I haven't had much time to really collect much because of my work. The things i have can barely last for three years." Emilia sighed

Ling Xiao came behind her and hugged her shoulders. "Don't stress about that, don't we still have all the materials that Qinqin and I collected. We have more than enough to last us for more than eight years. Plus we still have time to collect more materials before the apocalypse and during."

"Mhm your right . Ok come let me show you around!" Emilia said as she held his hand and began leading them through the rows of shelves while introducing the supplies on each shelf.

As they walked Emilia led them to the back of the basement and right behind the last shelf was a door made from metal.

"This is another room I wanted you take notice of." Emilia said as she pushed open the door. Immediately with the opening of the door a gust of cold air came rushing out towards them. The impact between the cold air and their bodies caused them shiver from the drastic temperature change. The cold air did not have as much impact on Ling Xiao though compared to the other two because as a soldier his body had already been trained to deal with all sorts of situations including extreme cold. 

The same couldn't be said for Emilia and Ling Qin . Though the winter during the apocalypse was extremely cold and they had already gotten used to living through it during their past lives their current bodies hadn't gotten the cleansing and enhancement that came with the apocalypse so this slight cold still affected them.

"That's cold!" ling Qin commented

"This room maintains a temperature of -10°C at all times increasing only when the door is opened. Ofcourse the increase isn't too much." Emilia commented.

"What is this place?" Ling Qin asked as he moved in.

"Its like a giant refrigerator Emilia responded I had this room created so that I would be able to keep meat and vegetables fresher for longer periods as well as some other foods that perish quickly. I haven't bought the meat and vegetables though as I had planed to do that the day before the apocalypse as well as early morning of end day to increase its freshness date just by a bit."She said as she looked at the room from the door together with Ling Xiao.