47. New surroundings

An hour after having left home to go meet Ling Xiao in the hotel, Emilia finally arrived home.

" Mom, you're back!" Ling Qin's voice sounded from the stairs behind her. Quickly closing the door and turning around, Emilia headed towards Ling Qin. "Qinqin, what are you doing up? it is so late already." She asked.

"I woke up shortly after you left, and I couldn't go back to sleep anymore, so I just decided to wait for you." Ling Qin responded as he watched Emilia approach him.

"Well, I'm back now. Come on, let's go to bed it's late." Emilia said, taking his hand and leading him back upstairs.

Ling Qin obediently followed behind her back to the room. Only when he was sitting back in his blankets did he speak again. " Did Dad undergo the baptism? How did it go? "

"Mhm, he underwent the baptism. We almost had an accident, but luckily everything is resolved now and he is okay." Emilia responded as she tucked him in.

"Accident?" he asked, almost sitting back up, but Emilia quickly caught him and placed him back on the bed.

"Yes, it turns out that when the spirit talked about two petal baptisms, it meant one at a time, not two at the same time. " Emilia responded calmly now that the scary events had passed.

"Is Dad okay, though?" Ling Qin asked.
"Yes, he's fine, don't worry, I wouldn't have been back so quickly if he wasn't," she said, reassuring him. " Alright, come on, you need to sleep now. we'll talk again tomorrow, OK?"

"OK!"

"Good. Good night, "she said as she turned off the light and left his bedroom.

"Goodnight, Mom." Ling Qin softly responded.

Emilia immediately went straight to her room after settling Ling Qin down. She still remembered Ling Xiao's words clearly, so she decided to undergo the second baptism immediately.

Not wasting any time Emelia immediately put down her things, stood in the middle of the room, and rubbed her fingers around the ring. Just like before, a blur appeared in front of her eyes, and the next thing she knew, she was back by the side of the lake.

Taking a quick look around, Emelia began walking back towards the tree with the petal inscription. Once she arrived, she went over the normal process once again, drawing a circle on the tree trunk and pulling out the petal she headed back to the lake and threw it into the water. once the lake began to react, she then stepped forward directly into it.

Even though this was technically the second time Emilia was undergoing the baptism, this was more like her first since this was the first time she was undergoing it consciously. This time, she was able to experience precisely what Ling Xiao and Ling Qin had experienced.

The feeling was like nothing she'd ever experienced before, the weight of gravity crushing her body, the holes being punctured in her through the veins, the feeling of the blood being drained out of her. Emelia had never undergone anything this painful before. Even her death in her previous life was quick, not experiencing any pain. The only thing she could do to get through that entire process was to grind her teeth, trying not to scream and open her mouth, but even that did not work for her.

The vines that were stabbing her body seemed to have dealt her some form of acid or even an electric shock as the pain was excruciating. She had no choice but to open her mouth and just the same as with Ling Xiao water entered and the transformation began to take place from the inside.

Emelia was going off and on consciousness for about an hour before the Lake spit her out. Even then, it took about 5 minutes before she could stand again. " This is crazy! what kind of process is this?" she complained." Isn't this just human torture?!" she mumbled as she stood up and dusted off the dust on her pants