41. Meeting

Luckily the baptism did start the way the vine had said. Though the process wasn't pretty at least it worked.

After patting Ling Qin for a few seconds on his face, he finally began to stir.

"Qinqin, Qinqin!" Emilia called out as she helped him sit up.

"Mom," he cried out once his eyes opened. He then threw his arms around Emilia, hugging her waist tightly. "Mom..."

"It's alright Qinqin, you're alright." Emilia consoled him while also hugging him tightly. Her fear slowly receded as she held him.

After holding her for a few seconds Ling Qin finally let go of her as he sat up.

"Qinqin how are you feeling, are you alright?" Emilia asked him

"Yes I'm fine," he said shaking his head

"And your body how does it feel? Does it hurt?"

"My body feels fine, heck probably feels better than just fine." He said as he stood up. Swinging his arms and kicking his legs. Ling Qin stretched as he felt out his body's new strength. "My body feels so much lighter yet filled with strength." Ling qin said. Lifting his leg and stomping on the ground a big hole appeared right where his foot landed.

"That's good, that's good" Emilia murmured as she patted her chest, rising to her feet. "Now, what in the world were you thinking?! You could have been killed!" she shouted all of a sudden

"Wahh?" Ling Qin said startled, "how was I supposed to know that the lake would do that?" he asked aggrieved

"It's not about knowing, it's about vigilance, vigilance I say! You can't just randomly touch things in a strange space you don't know anything about."

"But it's your space and it was just water," he said with his head dropping.

"I said I was renting the space not owning it, meaning there could be some unknown danger, plus you of all people should know just how dangerous quiet, still waters are in the apocalypse. they are usually the breeding ground of some dangerous beast or high-level zombie. "

Ling Qin just kept quiet with his head down feeling wronged. Emilia couldn't stand looking at his distraught face anymore; she knew he was not to blame for all this.

"ugh," Emilia groaned before she crouched down to his height. "Look I didn't mean to blame you, and I'm not mad at you. mostly mad at myself cause I didn't warn you in time and that almost killed you. I was just feeling scared and worried and anxious and angry....."

"That's a lot of 'ands' " Ling Qin interjected.

"I know" she giggled as the atmosphere lightened. "My point is I was feeling a lot of things and wanted to vent them out, which I did by directing my frustration as anger at you, which I know I shouldn't have done but did anyway so I'm sorry for that. I know that's wrong of me. Of course, the information I mentioned at that moment is not wrong so don't ignore that, the water can be a very scary place."

"You don't have to be so distraught, I know you didn't mean it. Plus I really could have been more cautious myself as well, after all, I was the one talking to dad earlier about cautiousness so I should also practice what I say. "

"Good, it's great that we are on the same page," Emilia exclaimed as she stood back up. "Now follow me closely and listen to me explain everything first before you go touching things again. My blood levels do not need any more shock as it is."

"Ok, he said a little loudly quickly trotting behind her as she made her way to the tree. Listening carefully as she spoke

"Now as I was saying earlier....."Emilia began wanting to make sure she had explained everything about the space to Ling Qin.