8

the three girls gathered in their living room, ready to see all the guys again, sage obviously excited to see harry. "do i look okay?" sage stressed.

"yes." ivy shook her head, giggling, "you're worrying about nothing."

"i know right," esme laughed, "you look fine, not like you need to be nervous because you've been messaging him all week. you've not stopped talking about him."

"good point," sage smirked, "should be ivy who's nervous anyways," she shrugged, "hanging out with your ex boyfriend mustn't be easy."

ivy shook her head, taking a deep breath in, "si - fucking hell, simon!" she raised her voice, "and i have both agreed to be friends."

"so have you spoke to him this week?" esme raised an eyebrow, staring straight at ivy.

"erm," she looked to the floor, "not really." she muttered under her breath, "you're making me nervous now!"

"sorry!" esme threw her hands up in defence, "i'm just saying." she shrugged.

"it'll be fine," sage wrapped an arm around ivy's tensed up body, "i'm sure when you see him it'll be alright."

"how about i just not come?" ivy sighed.

"fuck off, ivy!" sage yelled, causing the three girls to laugh whilst they booked an uber to cal and harry's.

as they approached the front door, cal opened it wide and greeted the three girls with a hug and a grin. ivy stood anxiously beside cal, walking into the room to be greeted by everyone else. she instantly spotted simon stood by josh, softly smiling at her as she stood by everyone else. but her attention instantly averted when she spotted two familiar faces stood on the other side of josh. "oh my god!" ivy squealed.

"ivy!" freya shouted, bringing her into a warm hug and squeezing her tightly.

"gee!" ivy pulled away, swiftly turning to gee to embrace her, the three girls stood together beaming at one another.

"how are you?" gee asked.

"yeah, i'm good," she nodded her head, "these are my friends esme and sage - esme, sage this is freya and gee." ivy gazed at the girls introducing themselves, her nerves instantly calming as she watched everyone seem to get along. looking up, she spotted simon speaking to josh and shuffled around the girls chatting amongst themselves to speak to him. "hey."

"you alright?" simon nodded down at her.

"mhm, you?"

"yeah, not bad." he ran his fingers through his hair, "sorry, i've not really messaged you this week, been really busy."

"ah right, well friendship goes two ways," she shrugged, "i haven't really messaged you either, so don't worry about it." but that one word 'busy' seemed to hit her hard, she felt some sort of resentment towards it, a word that destroyed everything she loved.

"oh, good." a small smile formed on his lips, "just making sure things aren't awkward or whatever."

she looked to the floor, "nope." she shook her head, "i'm gonna go get a drink." she pointed in the direction of the kitchen, swiftly walking towards it to escape the awkward conversation. she grabbed herself a bottle of cider that she brought with her, leaning against the counter as she cracked open the top of it.

"you alright?" ethan slid beside her, using the bottle opener himself.

"erm, yeah." she nodded slowly, "well, i've been better." she snickered.

"why?"

"just feels really awkward," she turned towards where everyone was stood, "i've probably spoke to you more than i've spoke to simon this week, it just feels really tense and weird." she sighed.