24

simon awoke to the sunlight pouring through the small gaps in his blinds. looking down at the weight resting on his chest, he softly ran his fingers through ivy's hair before rubbing his eyes. the memories of the night etched in his mind, no matter how much he alcohol could have consumed, he knew he would always remember it.

waking up next to ivy felt very different compared to their previous encounter, probably because simon knew where he finally stood with her and he had come to terms with the fact he was still madly in love. he felt at peace with ivy in his embrace, the light snores falling from her lips and her heavy breaths, her hair messily sprawled across his chest which he attempted to fix - she was simply perfect to him.

he yearned to lay like this forever and for once, everything felt like it once was. simon remembered ivy's loud laughter and bubbly personality, he remembered her 2am whispers and delicate kisses. he thought about the way that she would wrap her arms around the front of his body just to show him some form of affection whilst he was busy working or the way she would steal his headset to annoy his friends, but they adored her anyways. ivy's qualities were so engaging, no wonder simon missed her. but something still felt as though it stood in their way.

ivy's head slowly moved on simon's chest and a soft groan fell from her lips, "morning."

"morning," simon whispered, "did you sleep okay?"

"slept like a baby." she sighed and looked up at him, a lazy smile forming on her lips as she was met simon's piercing blue eyes.

since ivy and simon broke up, she struggled to sleep well beside any other guy. she always put it down to not being comfortable laid beside them, so she would be slumped there with a dying phone during the early hours of the morning, makeup clung to her face, waiting for them to wake up so she could head home. but with simon, she was always content sleeping beside him, even after not seeing him for over two years.

simon's thumb moved rhythmically along ivy's arm whilst checking his phone. she was satisfied in his embrace, knowing that by moving she would probably find herself shivering. as soon as they found themselves in his room, they were surrounded by warmth even from the smallest touch. ivy could not bring herself to shuffle away from that.

"that tickles." he chuckled, swatting ivy's fingers away which stroked up and down his torso.

"that did not tickle!" she exclaimed and brought her head up to look at him.

"yes it did." he raised his eyebrows with a smug expression.

"you're so full of shit." she narrowed her eyes at him, but the eye contact became overwhelming and both of their breath's turned shallow. ivy slowly brought her hand up to caress simon's cheek so that he would hold his gaze on her. leaning up, she guided his face down with her hand and instantly closed the gap in between them both. even with chapped lips and dry mouths, the kiss was soft and full of bliss.

pulling away, she smiled shyly and brought her head back down to his chest. simon gently combed his finger tips through her hair so that it all sat in one spot, "do sage and esme know you're here?" he murmured.

"mhm." she nodded, "even if i didn't tell them they would've known."

"fair enough." he laughed.

"i'm glad i'm here, instead of home."

"why?" simon asked, cocking his head.

ivy leant up to look at him, "because i can guarantee that either harry or ethan are at mine, it wouldn't surprise me if both of them are. even when they're hungover, they have no shame in being loud."