16

in the back of her mind, ivy knew that heading to simon's could potentially be a mistake, yet she still sat in front of her dressing table getting herself ready to go round. she knew what their 'chat' would entail, knowing that she could potentially admit that maybe she was not quite over him like she thought she was and although she could regret doing so, it would be better for her to open up rather than hold her feelings in until she exploded one day.

nervously driving to his flat, she tapped her finger's against the steering wheel with unsteady breathing. she was far from ready for the conversation awaiting her, but it was part of the consequence of sleeping with him.

holding her keys with a tight grip, she made her way up to his flat. her palms were sweaty and it felt disgusting, the temptation to turn around and head back home began to sound like a great idea. softly knocking on his door, she stared down at the floor, swaying back and forth, incapable of keeping still.

"hey." simon softly smiled, opening the door wide, "you alright?"

"yeah," she cleared her throat, steadily stepping inside of the flat, "are you?"

"not bad," he nodded his head, "nice instagram post by the way." a smug expression instantly swept across his face, allowing ivy's nerves to slowly fade away.

"shut up," she giggled, her cheeks flushed a rosy pink, "well i knew you might have thought that, you liked the photo and i had so many people commenting about it."

"yeah." he raised his eyebrows, smirking at her. making his way over to the sofa, he settled on the edge of it, forearms resting on his legs, "so." he sighed.

"so." staring down at the floor, she fiddled with her rings.

"i - erm, well i just felt like we've needed to talk," taking a deep breath in, he ran his fingertips through his hair, "i don't know if you feel that way, but -"

"no, i do." she furrowed her eyebrows, instantly cutting him off, "just conversations like this remind me of when we broke up." she muttered under her breath.

when it came to their break up, they both avoided the conversation for as long as they possibly could. they often steered clear of spending alone time together because they knew where their relationship was heading and they were not ready for it. for ivy, serious conversation's on the topic of feelings filled her with dread. it brought back the pain she felt after their break up as they rarely needed serious conversations about their relationship. but maybe if they spoke seriously more often, they could've held on.

"yeah." he sighed.

"it's fine," she muttered, "i know we should have spoke about it more or less as soon as it happened, i just couldn't bring myself to."

"well you're here now," he shrugged his shoulders, "just about the other night -"

"it was a mistake." she blurted out, hesitantly nodding her head.

he furrowed his brows at her, "oh, really?"

a puzzled expression slowly formed on her face as she stared at him across the room, "well, you're over me, so that would just make it a mistake."

"ivy," he murmured, throwing his head into his hands, "i'm not over you." shaking his head, he mumbled into his palms.

"what?"

slowly removing his hands from his face, his blue eyes gazed up at her, "i'm not over you."

"i - i thought you were." she stuttered. suddenly, the conversation went in a complete different direction to what she had practiced in her head.