28

rolling over, ivy gazed at her now boyfriend softly sleeping. a faint smile formed on her lips, unable to avert her gaze. the realisation dawned on her, this was her life now and she could not be happier.

stretching, she let out a yawn and a content sigh before reaching for her phone. she scrolled through the many notifications before finally pressing on her groupchat with sage and esme.

sexy girls
sage: how's your boyfriend?
esme: next step: mrs minter
me: how do you know ???
sage: he asked me for ur ring size, idiot. he told me he was getting you a promise ring
me: can't believe how quiet you kept that one
me: anyways it looks like i'm engaged
esme: don't say that, you'll start scaring him

she smirked at the messages coming in from the two girls before finally going to instagram and looking at her insights from her previous post. ivy snuggled herself beneath the covers and buried her head into the pillow as she continued to scroll through her phone.

suddenly, a limp arm threw itself over her waist and pull her in close. a small smile formed on ivy's lips at the most simple touch, feeling simon's head tuck itself into the crook of her neck and press a kiss against her delicate skin, "morning." he muttered against her neck, sending a shiver down her spine.

"morning," she exhaled, "you okay?"

"mhm," he nodded his head slowly, "you?"

"yeah, i'm good." she muttered, feeling simon pull her in even tighter. she was surprised there was any space between the two, but a grin instantly plastered across her lips at the feeling of his warm skin against her own. within seconds, simon's lips were attached to ivy's neck again, peppering the skin with kisses causing her to giggle.

it did not take long before ivy's legs were thrown over either side of simon's, both of them lost in a passionate kiss and embracing the feeling of the other persons lips. it felt good for both of them to finally be reunited with that familiar feeling, something they have missed dearly. simon's fingertips gripped ivy's waist, holding her as close possible whilst her small hands cupped his face.

the couples moment was quickly interrupted when a knock was placed on simon's bedroom door, "one minute!" simon yelled. ivy quickly scrambled off the slender boy's body, plummeting straight back into the pillows and tucking her body beneath the covers, "come in!" simon raised his voice again.

jj strolled in, "hey man, i was just - oh shit, hey ivy." he grinned, looking at the two laid in bed.

"hi." ivy laughed, looking up at him.

"was i - erm," jj brought a hand to the back of his neck, "interrupting something."

both ivy and simon's cheeks instantly burned and smirked at one another before looking back at jj, "nah, it's fine." simon shook his head.

"wait," jj narrowed his eyes and his pupils flickered between simon and ivy like a freshly lit candle, "what's going on here?"

"what do you mean?" ivy questioned.

"well, not meaning to be rude or anything ivy," jj chuckled, "but what are you doing here?"

ivy instantly turned to look at simon and he looked back at her with a sheepish grin. she looked down at her finger, sliding the ring up and down it whilst she waited for simon to give a response.

"erm," simon looked up at jj, "we're back together."

jj's eyes widened with excitement, "really?" he exclaimed. he had been waiting for this moment ever since he found out that ivy had moved to london, he knew that the couple were made for each other, he had known that since they were young. the minute jj realised that they both liked each other filled him with hope, his instincts were correct - these two would make the perfect couple. and this also became apparent when they were apart from one another, jj often worried about simon at the start and as time went on, no girl was able to catch simon's eye the way that ivy did.

"mhm." ivy nodded her head slowly, blushing, "since last night."

"oh my days," jj beamed, "i'm actually so happy for you guys, like you don't understand." his excitement was genuine, finally able to have his two best friends back without the tension, finally able to spend time with ivy again like they used to do and jj was also adamant he would make time for the girl.

"i feel like everyone will be happy for us." simon laughed and turned his head towards ivy who nodded eagerly in agreement, "and i personally think i did a good job last night."

"you did." ivy laughed, "was very nice and soppy."

simon lightly hit her with his arm, "shut up."

"why, what happened?" jj asked, perching himself on the edge of simon's bed as he gazed at the couple tucked up beneath the covers.

"well," simon raised his eyebrows, "i took her to this restaurant and we had a nice meal and a few drinks, then i gave her a promise ring and asked her to be my girlfriend, again." he grinned.

jj giggled, "that is really soppy man, but let me see the ring." ivy leaned forward, allowing him to take her hand and analyse the ring closely, "looks like you spent good money on that." he looked back up at simon, smirking.

"well," simon's voice turned high pitched, "maybe."

"fuck off!" ivy whipped her head around to look at him, "you better not have spent a lot on this." she gestures to the ring sat perfectly on her finger.

simon instantly hushed her and turned his attention back to jj, "it was a bit soppy," he cocked his head, "but it was worth it."

"yeah, but i'm not worth spending -"

"be quiet," simon shushed ivy again, "don't listen to her, man. she's full of rubbish." he muttered, causing jj to laugh.

"well, i'm glad you're both back together." jj smiled, "i came in to ask if you could look at something on my computer, it's not working very well."

"i mean, i probably won't know either, but i'll have a look." simon smirked, dragging his feet out of the bed and walked towards his wardrobe to throw on a hoodie and shorts, "i'll be back in a minute." he grinned at ivy.

"yeah, sorry for stealing your boyfriend." jj smirked.

"well, haven't i stolen him from you anyways." a smug expression swept across ivy's face.

simon shook his head at her as he walked out of the door, "very funny, ivy."

ivy laid comfortably in simon's bed, deciding to switch on the tv and turn on a movie as she knew he would not 'be back in a minute', but she was content anyways. because she finally had simon back, which she did not realise she needed until she moved to london. but everything added up, struggling to move onto anyone new, rarely finding other guys attractive, feeling as though a part of her was missing, she finally understood that she needed him.

simon trudged back into the bedroom and flopped his body straight onto the bed, "sorry that took so long." he let out an elongated sigh.

"it's fine." ivy chuckled, turning her attention away from the tv, "i knew you'd be gone a while." she shrugged her shoulders, gazing at simon throw his arm out for her to fall into. shuffling her body, she comfortably rested her head on his chest and tangled her leg around his.

simon planted a soft kiss on ivy's head, "i'm just so relaxed and happy with you." he hummed.

"you are?" she asked, wrapping an arm around his torso.

"mhm, definitely." he nodded his head and combed his fingers through ivy's hair, "i love you."

she instantly grinned at those words, causing her cheeks to burn and a small smile to form on her lips, "i love you too." she sighed contently, "we're just a realistic love story."

a/n
i want to say this is the end, simply because i've lost motivation with this story, but i have loved writing it and ur support as been amazing so thank u! x
i do have another harry story in the making so pls check it out :)