20

"happy birthday!" ivy and esme yelled at the top of their lungs, barging into sage's bedroom.

"aw guys," her voice was raspy, wiping the sleep from her eyes, "thanks." she grinned up at them. ivy instantly dived onto sage's bed, bringing her into a cuddle.

"you're getting old!" ivy chuckled.

"shut up." sage jokingly punched ivy's arm, "not as old as you are."

"leave it out." ivy smirked, pulling back, "come into the kitchen when you're ready." she smiled excitedly.

for some reason, ivy much preferred celebrating other people's birthdays than her own. she received so much enjoyment from surprising them, watching them open their gifts and enjoying themselves. the guys always went to ivy when a birthday was approaching as she was able to plan out the best parties.

sage trudged into the kitchen in her pyjamas, her eyes widened at the decorated flat around her. the balloon arch, the large happy birthday balloons and banners everywhere. the flat was clearly ready for a great night.

"oh my god," sage beamed, glancing around the room, "this is amazing, thanks guys."

"it was all ivy." esme laughed, "i just helped her put everything up."

"when did you do all this?" sage asked, walking towards the table with cards and gifts placed on top.

"erm, this morning," ivy giggled, "your shitty streamer sleeping pattern gave us all morning to do it."

"good point." sage smirked, picking up a card from the table, "but you didn't need to." she looked up at ivy whilst tearing open the envelope.

"but i did." ivy chuckled, "imagine, it's going to look so good in the background of photos and things too and it actually looks like a party."

the girls sat together whilst sage opened her cards and gifts, extremely grateful for what the girls had bought her including her other friends and family. surprisingly, even harry had got her a card, but it also had ethan and cal's name scribbled across it which made the girls chuckle.

they spent a majority of the day chilling out, preparing for the big night ahead. they had already bought everything for the party, including a lot of alcohol, which they were certain they would drink it all.

brushing the front of her dress down, ivy gazed at her reflection in the mirror whilst she swiped her lipgloss over her lips. she had already began drinking to calm her all consuming nerves which also meant that she had not eaten all day as a result of the butterflies fluttering around her stomach making it churn.

ivy strolled into the living room, grinning at the two girls sat on the sofa waiting for her arrival, "wow, we look so hot." ivy smirked.

"i know right." sage laughed.

ivy instantly connected to the speaker, before looking back up at the two girls, "i'm kind of nervous." she took a large gulp of her drink.

"why?" esme furrowed her eyebrows.

"i guess just seeing all the guys and simon, i don't know." she took a deep breath in, "i'm being dramatic, i'm sure i'll be fine when they're here."

"yeah, don't worry about it." sage softly smiled, "why don't we do some shots?"

"good idea." ivy laughed, making her way over to the kitchen as the three girls followed. she poured out many sambuca shots, allowing them to have a few each - they were definitely going to be tipsy before people even arrived.

"shall we take some photos?" esme suggested, "you know? before everyone gets here."

they all agreed, making their way to the balloon arch and that ivy had put up. they all took photo's of one another and whilst ivy took photo's of esme, they heard a loud knock at the door. "i'll get it." sage raced to the door.