12

ivy quietly opened the door to her flat, although it was not late, she did not want to disturb her friends if they were busy. walking in the direction of sage's room, she softly knocked on the door, listening to yelling from inside, but also hearing a "come in!"

"hey." ivy smiled, opening the door, "who you streaming with?"

"oh hey," she swivelled around in her gaming chair, "erm, just george and his friends."

"nice." ivy nodded her head, stepping forwards to glance at sage's chat.

"i'll be done soon." she smiled at ivy, turning back to the game.

ivy nodded her head in response, leaving the room to find esme sat on the sofa, "oh, hello." ivy grinned, throwing herself beside her.

"you alright? where've you been?"

"just cal and harry's," she sighed, "just something to do whilst you and sage were busy."

"have you eaten? i'm starving." esme complained whilst she tried to find something to watch on the tv.

"yeah, we ordered food at theirs."

the two girls sat watching some random movie neither of them had heard of before, chatting now and again, but mainly remaining their focus on the tv. once the movie came to an end, sage finally emerged from her room, causing ivy to mock her, "oh, i'll be done soon." she laughed.

"sorry, i got distracted." sage giggled, sitting beside the two girls, "anyways, what did you do then?" she asked ivy.

she shrugged her shoulders in response, throwing her head back into the cushions, "nothing, just watched them film a video, ate food, chat shit," she laughed, "oh and i spoke to harry." she pulled her body up to look at sage.

"i thought i told you not to?"

"he came and spoke to me," ivy furrowed her eyebrows, "think he wanted some advice."

"right," sage nodded her head slowly, "what did he say?"

"well, he likes you, but obviously he's just come out of a long term relationship."

"hmm." sage muttered.

"but i told him that if he likes you then it's a step onto moving forwards," she shrugged her shoulders, "then he was saying how he's not convinced i'm over simon or whatever." she rolled her eyes.

"i don't think anyone's convinced." sage cocked her head.

"hmm." ivy raised her eyebrows, throwing her body back down, "just wish i didn't have to see him anymore."

"well you do," sage murmured, "so deal with it."

"fucking hell, sage!" ivy groaned out of frustration, "if it wasn't for you seeing harry then i wouldn't have to have anything to do with simon."

"it's not my fault that you're not over him? you're forcing yourself to put on this front like you don't care, when you do ivy!" sage raised her voice.

ivy brought both hands to her head out of frustration, sighing, "i don't know what you're on about." she shook her head.

"but you do know!"

"why would i not be over him?" ivy stood up, taking a deep breath in. she glanced over at esme, awkwardly sat on the edge of the sofa, staring at the two girls, but not wanting to get involved as it was not her place to.

"i don't know? maybe because you hid away for two years and now you're faced with him again, it's understandable ivy if you're not!" sage stared up at ivy.