27

struggling to pull her belt through the loops in her jeans, ivy's legs shook beneath her and her heart raced heavily. she was certain nothing could calm her nerves which had consumed her the minute simon gave her a day and time for their 'date'.

the nausea was overwhelming, everything that could potentially go wrong was all she could think about. too many 'what if's?', which esme and sage had to quickly nip in the bud, only for ivy's mind to be preoccupied with those thoughts rather than speaking out loud, which panicked her more.

"i just don't understand why he wants to take me out, what does he want to talk about? what if -"

"shut up, ivy!" sage yelled, causing ivy to turn around red faced and worried, "you're worrying about nothing, he's not going to take you out just to tell you something bad."

"he might." ivy mumbled, shrugging her shoulders, "all he said is that he's had his time to think, what does that mean?" she raised her voice.

"it probably means something good!" esme yelled back, attempting to drill into ivy's brain that everything about this date was going to be positive.

"it's just -" ivy let out an exasperated sigh, "it's just that i love him an - and what if it goes to shit?"

"ivy," sage offered ivy a sympathetic smile, "it's going to be fine, okay? you love him, he loves you, what could go wrong?"

ivy furrowed her eyebrows, "maybe him telling me he doesn't actually love me." she shrugged her shoulders.

"just be quiet," esme shook her head, laughing, "you're panicking over nothing, it's going to be fine."

taking a deep breath in, ivy turned back around and looked in the mirror, "i hope so."

ivy set off five minutes before she needed to, not wanting to risk being late. she stared out of the window of the uber, gazing at the buildings fly past her. her breathing felt extremely unsteady, fiddling with her hair or rings every so often. no matter how many times sage and esme tried to calm her nerves, nothing seemed to work which was much more evident now that she was on her own.

stepping out of the taxi, she gazed up at the restaurant. it was beautiful and definitely fancy, a lot more expensive than what her and the girls would typically opt for which only made her more anxious. spinning around, she stood by the entrance and to her surprise, simon had also arrived early.

"hey." he grinned.

"hi." she smiled softly, "you okay?"

"mhm." he nodded, "are you?"

"not bad." she sighed, gazing up at him.

simon embraced her into a tight hug, allowing her to breathe in his familiar scent like a drug which ultimately consumed her. he had always stuck to wearing the same cologne and it was intoxicating, but she did not mind. however, it brought her back to the many times she was nearly brought to tears if a random guy who brushed past her was wearing that same cologne, especially so soon after the break up.

the two made their way inside, seated by floor to ceiling windows which made the city look beautiful. a tea light flickered in the middle of them and the restaurant was dimly lit with a relaxed atmosphere, people scattered around enjoying their drinks and meals. ivy was instantly focused on every aspect of simon the minute they sat down, everything around her blurred apart from him.