21

ivy flew into her bedroom, she was definitely feeling the effect of the alcohol, but she was enjoying herself and it wasn't overwhelming. huffing, she noticed that her bathroom was occupied and sat herself on the edge of her bed whilst she waited. the bedroom was slightly spinning around her, unable to concentrate on a single thing. she immediately became alert when her bathroom door opened, watching a lanky blonde stroll out of it.

"oh." he smiled, "sorry, i used this bathroom because everyone was waiting for the other." he pointed awkwardly.

"it's fine," she giggled, "it's my room anyways."

"yeah, i can tell." he nodded his head with a grin before adjusting his hair in the mirror, he still knew her so well. ivy watched his every movement, she could not seem to help herself, but her stare was powerful and he could feel it burning into him. clearing his throat, he turned to look at her, "can i talk to you?"

"mhm." playing with her hair, she patted the space beside her. he offered her an appreciative smile and awkwardly seated himself beside her, "what's up?" she asked.

"well," he sighed, "i just want to make sure that things are okay between us?"

she furrowed her eyebrows at him, "yeah, why wouldn't they be?"

"it's just that i've tried messaging you and you were ignoring me."

"i've been ignoring everyone." mumbling, she looked down at her knees.

"i've heard," he exhaled as his concentration remained on her, even if he was just staring at the side of her head, "i'm just trying to make sure there's no problem and i'm sorry for trying to argue about the cal thing."

"it's fine." she murmured, slowly bringing her head back up to look at him, "i should've told you, i just thought it would cause arguments."

"it's fine," he shrugged his shoulders, "i get it."

the two made eye contact, his blue eyes gazing into her hazel ones. although he always found her perfect, he was mesmerised by her tonight and couldn't seem to avert his gaze. even when she stood dancing with the girls and jj was trying to speak to him, he was only concentrated on ivy. maybe it was because the last time he saw her, everything was put into a different perspective when they both admitted they still had feelings for one another.

softly placing her hand on his leg, she took a deep breath in, "honestly, me and you are fine."

"good." he caught his breath in his throat as their faces inched closer. they both shared the mutual feeling of hating being left alone together as they yearned for the feeling of the other person's lips.

biting her lip, ivy swiftly turned her head away from him. she was drunk and he made her feel even more intoxicated, but in a different way, "i'm gonna go to the toilet and bring sage's cake out," she cleared her throat, "please could you tell es to start getting it ready?"

"yeah, sure." he nodded his head slowly.

"thanks." she quickly stood up from the bed and made her way into the toilet. simon let out a long sigh before standing up himself, his eyes glanced around ivy's bedroom briefly and finally made his way out of the bedroom door.

making her way into the kitchen, ivy spotted esme already placing candles into a colin the caterpillar cake and ivy helped with the last few before lighting them. blasting 'happy birthday' through the speaker, esme and ivy made their way over to sage as everyone's attention focused on sage who stood excitedly with a massive grin on her face. everyone around them sang along and some took video's on their phone.

"happy birthday!" ivy yelled excitedly, "make a wish." she smiled as the song came to an end. sage closed her eyes for a second and blew the candles out whilst everyone loudly cheered.