Mistletoe

*Technically Christmas Getaway Part 5

"IT'S CHRISTMAS TREE TIME!!!!" Addison and I exclaimed with all the excitement in the world. After the excitement from the revenge calmed down, we all decided it was time to get started on the Christmas festivities. Day 1 is all about prep which means setting up the Christmas tree and decorations. We also need to go shopping for matching Christmas pajamas and Christmas sweaters. 

It's one of the best parts of Christmas. 

"Okay! Everyone listen up!" My mom exclaimed. "I want mainly the girls handling the Christmas tree and you guys can do the Christmas decorations around the house. But the most important rule of all is do NOT tickle anyone that is on a ladder." My mom said, glaring at my dad. "It was one time!" My dad whined and we all laughed. "Alright let's put some Christmas music on and get this party started!!" Mia exclaimed as she put a Christmas playlist on the TV in the living room. 

"Pass me the green ornament please!" I told Aiden. After helping with all of the heavy lifting around the house, he wanted to help me with the tree but he's not trained to organize ornaments in a pretty way. So he's mainly handing me the ornaments I ask for. "You do know I can do more that pass the potato." He said and I smiled and said "Uh huh. Sure." while placing the green ornament on the tree. "You don't believe me?" He whined. "Aiden it's not a bad thing. Just focus on what you're good at. Like making Alaina blush. You're an Alaina blusher expert." Mia said and I laughed at her. "I could decorate the Christmas tree all by myself if I wanted to." He said. "Right and I could reach the top shelf without a ladder." I teased, making him gasp and squeeze my sides. "Ah ah ah! Do NOT distribute the creative process!" My mom exclaimed, making Aiden stop. "Thank you mother." I said, sticking my tongue out at Aiden. "Now pass the red ornament." I told him. "Don't worry. We might not be able to decorate a tree but the annual snowball fight is only in a couple days." My dad whispered to him. "Hey!" We all exclaimed as they both laughed at us. 

We soon finished decorating our trees and piled into the cars to go shopping for Christmas sweaters and Christmas pajamas. We of course stopped for hot chocolate on the way. "I actually haven't thought about what kind of Christmas sweater I want Ryder and I to get." Addison said. "Um, you mean Christmas sweaters. Plural." I corrected. "You need one for every day we're here. We're going to really get into the Christmas spirit." My mom said. "I'm going to get at least one that has a funny quote. Like 'Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal." I said, making everyone laugh. "I want to be there when you pitch that idea to Aiden." Mia giggled. "Oh and girls remember to send me all of your sizes, including your boyfriends/fiances. So that Dylan's mom and I can get one Christmas sweater and one Christmas pajamas where all of us are matching." My mom reminded us. 

Once we got to the mall, we all went our separate ways with our couples to find our Christmas attire for the holidays. Christmas music was playing throughout the entire mall and there was Christmas lights and Christmas decorations everywhere. It made me so excited and happy. "This is literally the best time of the year!" I squealed, looking around with a smile. "Can't argue with that. You smile the most during Christmas." Aiden said, taking my hand in his. "So what kind of Christmas sweaters should we get?" He asked, looking around with excitement in his eyes. "Oh look at that one!" He pointed at a store window that had two mannequins. One had a men's Christmas sweater and the other one had a matching women's sweater dress. "That looks perfect." I told him and we both made our way to the store. 

"Looks like today was a very successful outing!" Tanya said as we all met up at the mall food court. We all had multiple shopping bags full of our Christmas goodies. "Oh wow! That's so cool!" Addison yelled out, making all of us look in her direction. "What?" I asked and she pointed and absolutely nothing. "You guys missed it." Addison said and I frowned at her. Why is she acting weird? I turn to give Aiden a confused look but he's gone. In fact, all of the boys are. "What the...where did they go?" I asked. "Yeah what's going on? They were just here!" Mia asked. "They probably went home. No big deal. We might as well do their gift shopping now." My mom suggested. "That's a great idea!" I said as everyone else nodded. 

After about an hour, we had all picked out gifts for our boyfriends/husbands and dads. So we got back into the car. "So should we go home now Addy?" My mom asked. That's weird. "Why are you asking Addison if we should go home?" I asked. "I thought that was a joke you kids make today. Like asking random people questions?" My mom said nervously. 

What is going on? 

"Um, we should stop to get dinner and then go home." Addison said and I frowned at Addy but she avoided eye contact. I repeat. What the hell is going on? Since no one int the car was giving me information, I decided to call Aiden. However, when I did, it goes to voicemail. "Why isn't Aiden picking up my calls?" I asked. "Maybe they left early to try to prank us again." Mia suggested. "Or maybe his phone died?" Tanya suggested. I sighed deeply, realizing I wasn't going to get any answers and enjoyed the rest of the car ride. 

When we got back to the vacation house, the first thing I notice is the boy's van so I know they're home. "Hey Alaina, would you mind getting the boys to help us carry everything out of the car?" My mom asked. "Yeah sure." I said, hopping out of the car. I walk over to the front door and notice a note with my name on the front taped to the door. I instantly recognize Aiden's handwriting and smile. So I take the note off of the door and open it. "Follow the roses." is all it says and I instantly blush. I look back at the car to see what tell the girls but all of them are gone. The car is still there but it's empty. Still confused but a little less confused as to why they've been acting weird. Aiden obviously planned something and included everyone.