Mistletoe Part 2

*Technically also Christmas Getaway Part 6

A/N - I am so sorry for waiting so long before posting on this story. I really hope you all enjoy these updates though! 

I open the front door revealing a path of rose petals lined with string lights everywhere. It looks magical. I also hear Mistletoe by Justin Bieber playing in the background, which is Aiden and I's favorite Christmas song. As I walk down the path, I notice that attached to most of the string lights, theres pictures of Aiden and I. I see some from our first date and another from our most recent date. I see some from the first time he met my parents and the first time I met his. The photos bring tears to my eyes as I listen to the lyrics of our favorite Christmas song. The song that we have so many karaoke memories with. I laugh as I spot one of us goofing around in halloween costumes and smiled harder when I find one of him chasing me at the beach. I continue walking down the path and find more notes but they're all open for me to read without taking them down. They read 

"You're my sunshine." 

"You're my best friend." 

"You're my smile"

"You're my laughter." 

"You're my favorite."

"You're my prankster." 

"You're my baby."

"You're my princess."

"You're my supporter." 

"You're my family." 

"You're my love."

"You're my everything." 

I reach the end of the pathway and it leads to the backyard. When I get there, I see everyone. Well, everyone except Aiden. But I also see a huge Christmas tree with a bunch of heart ornaments on it. It looks beautiful. I also notice he hung mistletoe all over the backyard's porch. At this point, I have tears running down my face. "Where..." I started to say but they all step out of the way and reveal Aiden standing there in a suit, looking perfect as always. He looks extremely nervous but I don't care. I run up to him immediately and give him the biggest hug ever. He looks shocked but still wraps his arms around me and gives me a million kisses on my neck, of course making me giggle. I let go of him and he smiles down at me. "Alaina," He starts, looking extremely serious. "It's the most beautiful time of the year," He says. "Lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer." He adds and I immediately start laughing. "Are you quoting Mistletoe?" I giggled and he shushed me and continues. Even in the most romantic settings, he makes me laugh. "I should be playing in the winter snow. But Imma be under the mistletoe." He says and I'm still laughing at him. He then takes a hold of both of my hands and looks me in the eye. "You're the most beautiful person I know, inside and out." He tells me. " You make everyone around you happier. The children you volunteer with in the clinic, your family, your friends, other college students, my friends, my family, everyone." He says and I start crying yet again. "But most of all, you make me happy. Happier than I've ever been." He tells me. "I love you. And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life reminding you of that every single day." He adds and I smile and say "I love you too." Then my eyes bulge out of my head as I realize what's happening. "Alaina?" He says as he slowly gets down on one knee. "Oh my gosh!" I squealed as more tears rolled down my face. He reaches into his pocket to find the ring and frowns a little when he doesn't find it. "Other pocket bro." Ryder says from the side, making me laugh as Aiden nervously reaches into his other pocket and reveals the ring. It's so beautiful and it only makes me blush more. "Will you marry me?" He asked. He looks so nervous still. Why would he ever think I would say no? I smile at him and say "I'll say yes but under one condition." I told him, just like I said the first time we met. He smirks, already knowing what I'm going to say. "What?" He asked anyway. "No tickling." I giggled. "Oh hell no." He said before getting up and giving me the best most romantic kiss ever and everyone cheers. He comes out of the kiss and says "Just to clarify though, you do still want to marry me? Because the tickling thing is non-negotiable." he teased, squeezing my sides a little. "Of course you idiot! Put the ring on my finger!" I exclaimed and everyone cheered as Aiden slide the most beautiful ring I've ever seen onto my ring finger. 

I mean I might be biased but I doubt it. 

Once he did, I immediately turned to the other girls and started squealing like a maniac. They of course did the same right back to me. 

If your friends don't squeal like crazy when they find out you're engaged, please get new friends. 

"Okay but wait. I just want to stop celebrating for a moment to remind you all that you're horrible HORRIBLE liars! I was suspicious the entire time." I told them and they laughed. "Yeah but you weren't expecting a proposal were you?' Addison said, making me start smiling like an idiot again. "Nope, I definitely wasn't." "Then we did our jobs." Mia said, giving Addison a high-five. "I can't believe my oldest daughter is engaged." My mom said with tears rolling down her face. "I can't either Mom." I joked and she laughed at me, giving me a huge hug. "Oh my gosh! Can I plan your wedding?" Addison said. "What the hell? That's my job!" Mia said. "Um, I'm basically her older sister. I think it's actually my job." Tanya said. "I'm her mother. It's my job." My mom argued. "I'm her mother's best friend! It's definitely my job!" Dylan's mom exclaimed and we all looked at her confused. "What? Alaina's mom basically planned Tanya's wedding!" Dylan's mom said. "How about you all plan my wedding together?" I suggested. "How about we celebrate the engagement first before we plan the wedding?" Aiden said as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I think that's a great idea." I said, making everyone cheer again. 

I've literally never been happier than I am right now.