Chapter Twenty-Seven

A/N tell me if there's any errors 💙
~~~

Levi's POV

I knew I was being foolish and that I should've let Eren go with me, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something might go wrong after he'd suggested the restaurant Erwin and I went to the last night he was alive. Nothing happened in the end though and I returned home like normal with the food in my hands.

"Hey, I'm back," I call out, putting down my keys and walking over to the table to set down the food.

"Hi Leviii," I hear from behind me. I look up and let out an exaggerated sigh before turning around.

I raise an eyebrow crossing my arms over my chest at the sound of the all to familiar voice. "Why are you here, Hange?"

I shoot a quick glance behind them and see Eren seated on the couch looking as confused as I felt. He caught my eye and shrugged before I turned my gaze back to Hange.

"I just wanted to stop by and say hi cause I missed my buddy," they said in a cheery voice. I watched in disgust as they began tiptoeing their way over to me.

Before I knew it, Hange had thrown themselves on me and tightly wrapped their arms around my waist. I cringed, desperately trying to wiggle free from their grip. I accidentally met eyes with Eren and when he gave me a soft smile I sent daggers through my eyes. Eren quickly looked away, a deep blush forming on his face.

"Fucking Christ, get off me," I yelled out exasperated. They let me go and I stumbled backwards, brushing myself off as I stared at them with cold eyes. "Why are you here?"

Hange's smile quickly faded and their expression grew serious. "I think we should talk in private," they murmured under their breath.

I looked at them for a moment before shaking my head and finally walking over to sit with Eren. "Whatever you have to say can be said in front of Eren too."

Hange followed me over to the couch but remained standing as they twiddled their fingers together. I could feel Eren's eyes on me but I remained fixed on Hange. "Levi, really I don't think—,"

"Just say it Hange."

Hange paused, staring at me for a moment before sighing. "I don't know how but Erwin's family found out about you and Eren and—,"

"Okay," I said standing up in a hurry and grabbing their arm as I began to pull them away. "You couldn't have given me a heads up?" Hange scoffs, dragging their feet as they walked beside me.

"W- Wait guys," I hear Eren call out nervously as he begins standing up and following close behind. "What's happening, why's this bad? Are they gonna kill me?"

I turn my gaze back to Eren for a moment. "Stay out here, we'll be back soon," I say before continuing down the hall still gripping Hanges arm.

"But I—," Eren starts but I slam the door and lock it before he could finish the sentence.

"What the hell," I say in a whisper through gritted teeth as I let go of Hange's arm. "Who told them? Why's it any of their business anyways?"

Hange raised their hands, backing up and taking a seat on the bed. "Woah, hey don't get mad at me, I'm just the messenger. I don't know who told them, I just got a call from his mom the other day and she wanted to confirm if it was true or not."

"Again, why is it any of their business? Erwin is dead," I bark out, my own words ringing in my head.

Hange nods softly. "I know, and I told her that."