Chapter 00

#BEM00 Chapter 00

"So, do we have a deal?"

I wasn't getting any younger, and I wanted to get my family off of my back. They were in such a rush to marry me off. So, instead of them getting to decide on who I'd end up with, I'd rather be the one who'd do the picking.

"Are you for real?"

I nodded at Archibald Reign Gallego–lawyer by profession, but future president by ambition. He hadn't announced yet, but I knew that he's planning on running for mayor. Kasi d'yan naman nagsisimula hanggang maka-akyat ka sa pinaka-taas.

"You don't look too bad," I said.

His lips parted. "Thanks?"

"And I know you like my last name," I continued that made his jaw clench. His family just got involved in a huge corruption 'allegation.' Case was still pending, but in the court of public opinion, they're already guilty. Paano na ang pangarap niya kung ngayon pa lang ay sirang-sira na ang pangalan niya?

"It's the 21st century–your idea of arranged marriage is outdated."

I sarcastically laughed at his face. "Please," I quipped. "Your name's not even near my family's radar. Me choosing to marry you is my idea of rebellion. Get over yourself, Atty. Gallego."

Hindi siya nakapagsalita. He better get used to it–I didn't hold back. Maigsi lang ang buhay kaya sasabihin ko ang gusto kong sabihin.

"What will you get from this?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Freedom."

"By marrying me?"

I nodded. "Don't worry, we'll just be married on paper. I'll do my part and you do yours. I'm going to accompany you in every campaign," sabi ko sa kanya. It was easy. Mula pagka-bata ay ginagawa ko na iyan sa bawat kampanya ng lolo ko. I knew how to answer every question, how to look a certain way. Growing up in the eye of the public, I knew how my every movement would be perceived.

"You'll be a mayor, then congressman, then senator. Pretty soon, you'll be called Mr. President."

"How about your cousin?" he asked.

I remained silent. I didn't like discussing family matters with people outside the family.

"What will you get from this?" he repeated.

"Freedom."

"By getting married?" he asked like I was out of my mind.

"Yes," I replied again. "I don't love you right now, but I'm not close to the possibility. We'll just have to see, I guess?" I continued. "Let's give it a year, but if we don't work out, you're free to have mistresses, but you have to be very careful. I don't like for my reputation to be tarnished, Mr. Gallego. That's my only requirement."

A lot of my uncles cheated on their wife–heck, my father cheated on my mother. I was starting to think that it's part of men's structure, pero hindi naman ganoon ang mga pinsan ko, so really, it's confusing. But one thing's for sure, my husband could not cheat on me if I'd give him consent to go see other women. It's fine. Kung hindi ko naman mahal, bakit ako masasaktan?

"Oh, and don't get other women pregnant–also another requirement," I added. I just didn't want the headache of children popping out of nowhere and claiming that they're family–had enough of that drama to last me five lifetimes.

His lips parted again. "What if I want to have kids?"

"We'll hire a surrogate," I replied. "Does this mean you agree to this proposition?"

Tumitig siya sa akin.

"The rumors are true–you really are insane," he said.

I sweetly smiled at him. "So, do we have a deal?" I asked.

"You have a deal, Ms. Nadia de Marco," he replied as offered his hand.

I took his hand and stared at his eyes. "Remember my requirements, Mr. Gallego–or I'll personally destroy everything we will work hard for," I said as I smiled at him. 

***

**

This story is already at Chapter 03 on beeyotch.ph and patreon.com/beeyotch. Subscription starts at 100php per month for all stories. You can email beeyotchpatreon@gmail.com for assistance if you want to pay via GCASH. As of the moment, credit and debit cards can be used directly when paying in the site :) Thank you!