TWENTY ONE

CALLS

021.
Did you know her?

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

"Hola, mi hija" Her father spoke over the phone, just at the sound of his voice brought a little comfort to the brunette.

"Hola papá." The girls voice cracked as she spoke. The tears streamed freely down her face.

"How you feeling today?" Julián questioned his daughter.

Today was a rough day for them all. But most of all her, she never opened up completely about the things she went through and saw.

"Awful papá, have you seen everything they're saying?" Mercedes questioned softly.

"Is that Lou?" Cruz questioned, he was yet to speak to his sister. "Can I speak to her?"

"In a minute." Julián dismissed his son. He wanted to make sure that Mercedes was okay. "I have, mi hija, you don't have to do anything that you're not ready for. Nobody can force you."

Mercedes nodded, even though her father couldn't see her. She knew that nobody could make her do anything that she wasn't comfortable with.

"Papá, will you put Cruz on?" Her father hummed in response and passed Cruz the phone. "Hey Cruz." The girl instantly broke down.

She was always extremely vulnerable with her brother, he was the only one knew everything that happened. She hadn't told her parents, or her younger siblings, or Fleur or even her therapist what happened. Just Cruz.

"Hey, Lou." He sympathetically smiled, he hated hearing his sister break. He hated what happened to her and what she had to go through.

He remembered the headlines of all the newspapers vividly, some said she was dead, some said that she was a child run away. Very few accepted that she was kidnapped. He remembered the way his parents were blamed for not watching over their daughter properly, he remembered it all.

"Can you believe you're in the news?" He questioned excitedly. "People think that you and Sebastian are dating." He knew that his sister needed a distraction.

She needed something to take her mind of Lexus and everything that happened. She was a different person back then. Everything that happened to her, it changed her. Not to anyone's surprise.

"It's crazy, right?" Mercedes wiped her tears and sat up, letting out a small chuckle. "I can't believe they think we're dating?"

"You'd be good together." Cruz blurted out. He didn't exactly mean too, but he couldn't take it back so he just rolled with it. "I see the way you look at him, the way he looks at you. You're both constantly touching or trying to be next to one another."

Mercedes smiled just at the thought of Sebastian, she wished he was there holding her. But she knew he was on stage doing an interview.

"We're just friends." Mercedes uttered. It hurt her to say. She couldn't deny that something was there, there always had been.

Every time she was in a room with him, she felt like her skin was on fire until he was holding her. Every time he spoke, she looked at his lips, longing for them to be against hers.

How could they just be friends when she knew the way he liked it when she ran her fingers through his chocolate hair.

How could they just be friends when she knew the way that he got a thrill whenever she kissed his neck. Every time she did it, his grip on her tightened and he had to suppress a moan. 

How could they just be friends when she knew that when she slept with him at night, he held her tightly and when he was asleep he muttered her name.

She didn't understand how they could just be friends. But she'd never admit that out loud.

If their relationship was just platonic, and all they were truly meant to be were friends, then she didn't want to ruin that.

"Right." Cruz hummed. "No soy un idiota, hermana."

"Eso es debatible." Mercedes chuckled, her eyes flickering down to Sebastian's ring. The spanish rolled perfectly off her tongue, despite the fact that she barely spoke spanish anymore. 

Sebastian knocked on the door before walking into her room. Fleur had gave him her key card to get into the suite.

"I've got to go." Mercedes announced as she looked up at the man.

"Why is your boyfriend there?" Cruz taunted his younger sister.

Sebastian didn't say anything, he just remained silent until the girl finished talking. He didn't want to interrupt whatever conversation she was having. For all he knew, it could have been important.

"Te odio." Mercedes laughed as she ended the call on her brother before turning to face Sebastian.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. Fleur said I could come up first and well the interview ended and I was worried about you an-"

"Sebastian." The girl cut off his rambling. "Will you just hold me?"

Sebastian nodded and walked over to the girl. He sat behind her and pulled her into his lap. He held her so tightly and he never wanted to let go.

She curled up into a small ball and hid her face in the crook of his neck. She didn't want to say anything, she didn't want to move. All she wanted was to be held by someone who made her feel comfortable as well as zone out.

He pressed his lips against her head and his fingers trace patterns on the exposed skin of her thighs. 

"Did you know her?" Sebastian questioned, referring to Lexus.

"Something like that." The girl hummed in response.