THIRTY EIGHT

RUSSO

038.
She loves one, but needs the other.❞

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

"Hello?" Mercedes put on a cheery voice as she answered the phone.

"Mercedes?" Haisley, her agent questioned. Mercedes hummed in response, she knew she should have check the called ID first, she had been ignoring her agent for weeks. "Thank God, I thought that you had broken your phone, turns out you were just ignoring my calls."

"Sorry Haisley, I've just been really busy-"

"Look, Mercedes I'm going to be really brutally honest with you. If you don't get working on a film soon, you're going to be out of a job." Haisley put bluntly, causing Mercedes to nodded her head and tears brim in her eyes.

Although Mercedes job made her incredibly anxious, she still loved acting. She was good at it, even if she did say so herself and she adored all of her fans. She never wanted to let them down.

"You need to read through some of the scripts that I have you, so that you can get back out there. Silver and Black will be coming out soon then you don't have anything lined up." Haisley spoke calmly, but Mercedes could tell that the woman was stressed.

"I'm sorry, I just don't feel like working with any new directors right now. Everything is just getting too much at the minute and I don't think I can have the stress of meeting new people."

Mercedes ran her hand through her hair, trying to push it out of her face but it just fell back to its original spot, which stressed her out more.

"Why don't you read the script from the Russo brothers then?" Haisley suggested optimistically. "It's called 'After the explosion', they've been waiting on an answer from you."

"I'll give it a read." Mercedes hummed. "And then I'll get back to you."

"You have two days Mercedes, two days to get back to me." Haisley announced. Mercedes hummed once again before ending the call and heading to her home office.

Mercedes rummaged through all the different scripts that were scattered across her office desk. Astra walked into the office after hearing the girl rifling around, she wondered if she could help her find anything.

"You okay, Mer?" Astra questioned as she leant against the door frame.

"I need to find the Russo Brothers script." The brunette explained as she threw a few scripts on to the floor frustratedly.

"You mean this one?" Astra questioned as she walked up to the desk and picked up the first script that she saw.

Mercedes smiled once she saw the script, she wrapped her arms around her sister and span her around, causing Astra to squeal.

"Thank you." Mercedes placed a kiss on the girls cheek. "Now, I will come see you later but I desperately need to read this."

Astra nodded understandingly and left the girl alone in her office. Mercedes took a seat and pulled out a highlighter and began reading the script, highlighting all of the parts that she loved.

She hadn't realised but she had highlighted the majority of the script that she received. She let out a small chuckle and pulled out her phone, calling The Russo Brothers.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The Russo Brothers secretary answered politely.

"Hi, it's Mercedes. I'd like to speak to Joe and Anthony about the script they sent me." Mercedes responded with a smile, despite the fact that the girl couldn't see it.

"One moment." The secretary placed the girl on hold and she nervously bobbed her leg up and down.

Mercedes waited patiently for the brothers to respond as she flicked through the script once again. The second that she read it, she fell in love.

"Mercedes, it's been a long time without speaking." Anthony spoke up, making the girl aware of their presence.

"Too long," The girl chuckled. "I wanted to talk to you about 'After the explosion' can you tell me a bit more about it?"

Joe and Anthony both smiled at one another, they were happy that the girl was interested. When writing the script, she was the person in their mind. They wanted her to play the main character, Alden.

"Sure." Joe hummed. "Alden falls in love with two people, one is the stereotypical good guy, buys her flowers treats her well. But it's very mundane, there's no excitement. The other guy, he's the complete opposite, he's reckless and impulsive and often ends up getting them both in trouble. She loves one, but needs the other." He continued. "So instead of figuring out her relationships with them, she throws herself into dangerous scenarios and meaningless flings."

"Do you have the other cast members in mind?" Mercedes questioned curiously, she loved the idea of the film.

"Not yet, we were kind of waiting on you." Anthony responded with a nervous chuckle. "So, what do you say?"

"I'll do it."