THIRTY SIX

RETURN

036.
My- That's not my name.❞

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Mercedes furrowed her brows once she saw the abundance of cars on her driveway but decided to just ignore it and assumed that her parents were throwing one of their annual dinner parties.

The girl swung open the door with a smile and looked across to Aria, who Mercedes had invited over earlier. It had been a while since Aria had seen her family and she thought a catch up was beyond over due.

"Mamá, Papá, I'm home." Mercedes shouted and then quickly realised that all her family was stood staring at her with tears in their eyes.

Sebastian looked at the girl and he felt like his heart dropped. She was okay. No bruises or cuts. She looked perfectly fine.

He couldn't believe that she was actually home. That she was back. His eyes flickered up and down her body, she wore a top that was far to big for her and a pair of shorts.

The man didn't know what came over him, he just walked towards her, his hands cupping her face and he smashed his lips down on hers.

He didn't care that her family was watching. He didn't care that she hadn't had a chance to explain where she was. He was just relieved that she was okay.

Mercedes' breath hitched as Sebastian connected their lips. Her hands flew up to his wrists, she couldn't believe what was happening. The action gave her those cliche butterflies that everyone always talked about.

Their lips moved in perfect sync as his hands trailed down to her waist, pulling her closer to him. Her hands found themselves tangling in his hair.

Astra raised her hand up to cover Bentley's eyes at the same time that Cruz raised his hand to cover Astra's eyes. Fleur couldn't help the smile on her face, her hands clasped together as she pressed them against her lips.

Reluctantly, Mercedes pulled away from Sebastian. A blush forming on her cheeks. The second that her lips left his, she wanted them connected again.

Her eyes flickered up to Sebastian, who was already looking down at the girl. He pressed his forehead against hers and let out a nervous chuckle.

"Just friends aye?" Aria questioned, breaking the silence and causing the pair to jump apart.

"Mamá, Papá, What's going on? Why are the police here?" Mercedes questioned as her eyes flickered over everyone in the room. She needed to get to the bottom of what was happening.

Fleur and Anthony were both there. Anthony's arm was wrapped around Fleur's shoulders and he had pulled her into his side.

Her siblings all looked like hadn't slept in weeks. All looking at each other with tear filled eyes and wide smiled. Her parents looked the worse. Her mother looked relieved but angry and her father looked overjoyed. Mercedes glanced towards the police and waited for some sort of explanation.

"Lexus, can you tell us of your whereabouts for the past two weeks?" The officer questioned.

"My- That's not my name." Mercedes stuttered as she looked between Sebastian and Fleur.

Fleur gave the girl a sympathised nod as if to say that Sebastian knew that she was Lexus. Sebastian linked his hand with Mercedes and gave it a a small reassuring squeeze. Silently telling her that he wasn't going anywhere and that he was here for her.

"I was on a road trip."

"And you didn't think to tell anybody?" The officer questioned crossing his arms disappointedly.

"I told Bentley, I text him two weeks ago." Mercedes pointed over to her younger brother, whose face almost immediately drained of colour.

Everyone turned their attention to Bentley, causing him to hide behind Cruz. His mother and fathers piercing gaze was enough to terrify anybody.

"I-I lost my phone." His voice cracked as he spoke. "I'm so sorry this is all my fault."

Mercedes pulled away from Sebastian to go and comfort her shaking brother. She cupped his cheeks and made him look at her.

"No, no, it's mine. I should have told Mamá and Papá. It's my fault."

"Tu estupida chica estupida." Her mother was seething with anger and this time it was Bentley's turn to step in front. "¿Sabes cuántos problemas has causado?"

"That's enough, Mamá, the main thing is, is that Mercedes is home." Cruz said stepping in front of both of his siblings. "I'm so sorry for any of your time that we have wasted officers, I shall show you out."

The officers smiled towards Cruz and followed him out of the house, leaving the Coleman family alone with Anthony, Fleur, Sebastian and Aria.

"This isn't over. We will be having a discussion later." Lucía snapped as she walked away from the brunette.

"I'm glad you're home, mi hija." Julián smiled towards his daughter before following his wife into the opposite room.

Mercedes turned to look at her siblings and friends. She couldn't imagine what they had gone through for the past two weeks. Thinking that she was missing a agin.

She let out a small sigh and pulled her younger siblings in for a tight hug. She felt Astra grip at her shirt and Bentley's tears on her shirt. She hated that she brought them pain.

Sebastian watched the interaction. His eyes met with the girls and he gave her a small smile. He was glad that she was okay and alive. But now, he would have to explain the kiss.

"I'm going to head home, Mer, I'll see you soon." Aria announced, knowing that she would probably need some time with those who she was closest too.

Mercedes nodded in response as her siblings pulled away, allowing her to go and hug both Fleur and Anthony.

"I'm glad you're okay, Mercedes." Fleur whispered as she held her best friend as close as she could.

"I'm sorry that I put you through all of that." She whispered weakly.

"You don't have to apologise." Sebastian spoke up, causing the girl to spin around on her heel and look at him. "Can I have a hug now, Princess?"

Mercedes nodded and jumped into the man's arms. His hands quickly gripped her thighs, steadying her as she wrapped her legs around his torso. Her head buried into the crook of his neck.

Sebastian closed his eyes and just held the girl as tightly as possible. He never wanted to let her go again. He never wanted to let her out of his sight.

"I'm so sorry, Sebby." Mercedes whispered softly.

"I know, Princess, it's okay."