THIRTY THREE

DRUNK

033.
It just didn't feel right.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

To say Mercedes was drunk, was an understatement. She had been on the road with Aria, her boyfriend and his friends for two days now and her phone died last night.

Aria had attempted to reassure her that they would try and find a power outlet so she could charge her phone, but she doubted it would be possible.

Mercedes wrapped her arms around Louis, one of Aria's boyfriends friends. His hands roamed up and down the girls body as they danced.

The girl liked that none of Aria's friends knew who she was. She liked that none of them knew that she was Lexus. She liked that she could just relax and get drunk without panicking about someone finding out her true identity.

Louis' hands grabbed Mercedes' ass and pulled her closer into him, his lips trailing down her neck, leaving hickeys as he did so.

Mercedes couldn't help but imagine that it was Sebastian. She wished that it was him pulling her closer, kissing down her neck, moaning her name into her ear.

The blonde boy pulled away and cupped the girls cheeks, leaning down to kiss her but that was when Mercedes had to let the fun stop. She placed her hands on his chest and shook her head saying,

"Sorry, I can't." She whispered.

"Oh, okay. I'm sorry." Louis muttered, instantly releasing the girl from his grip, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. "Oh God, you don't have a boyfriend do you?"

Mercedes chuckled and shook her head.

"No. I don't. It just didn't feel right." She smiled up to him softly.

She didn't want to hurt his feelings, it was just that she had only just met him. Plus, all that was on her mind was Sebastian.

"Alright, but let me buy you another drink?" He questioned hopefully. "We can go and sit with the others if you'd like?" Louis smiled.

Mercedes nodded and joined the others and Louis went to the bar to get another round in for the group.

The group were all going on a road trip, doing a variety of bar crawls. Aria had invited Mercedes to get the anniversary off of her mind.

So far it seemed to be helping, she hadn't thought about the anniversary of her disappearance for the last few days. The only thing on her mind was Sebastian.

~

A few hours had passed and now the six of them were all outside stumbling around. Mercedes and Aria had their arms linked together, using each other for support as they walked.

The four boys were all being ridiculous and climbed on top of walls. Aria's boyfriend, Caleb was attempting to balance on a park fence, which wasn't going very well as he kept almost stumbling.

"You're going to fall." Aria slurred towards her boyfriend.

The other three boys all kept playfully slapping the backs of his legs, trying to get him to fall.

Luke and Louis both tumbled over their own feet onto the floor. Luke grumbled and began to playfully wrestle Louis.

"How you feeling, you've been a little quiet." Aria whispered towards Mercedes. "Mercy?"

"Sorry." Mercedes smiled towards her old friend. They grew up together, Aria was her best friend at the time when she went missing and continued to be her friend up until now.

The pair grew apart a little but when they were together it was like they spend no time apart.

"I'm okay. Just keep zoning in and out." Mercedes didn't miss the way that her friend looked at her full of concern. "Don't worry, I'll be okay."

"Mercedes look at me." Frank shouted as he did a star jump as he jumped off the wall. He ran over to Mercedes, slinging his arm over her shoulder and looking at the girl with a smug grin. "Looked good right."

"Amazing." She nodded, lightly tapping his chest.

"Ahh home sweet home." Aria announced once they saw the camper van. They had no electricity, which Mercedes was frustrated about as she couldn't charge her phone but she had to deal with it.

She walked into the camper van and instantly crashed down on the bed that she and Aria were sharing whilst the boys all slept on the couches or the floor.

None of them minded, they all offered for the girls to sleep in the bed.

The girl closed her eyes and instantly realised how much they stung. She hadn't had a proper night sleep since comic con.

She couldn't sleep properly and she hated it. She was constantly plagued with nightmares.

Mercedes rolled onto her side and snuggled into the pillow. She smiled towards Louis, who placed the covers over her body.

"Get some rest Mer." He smiled at her, tucking some of her hair behind her ear and placing a soft kiss on her cheek.

Mercedes nodded in response, allowing sleep to take over her drained body.