33

8:30pm

"Now put it on, walk in front of the camera at 0.5 times speed and tell me you don't feel like a bad bitch."

Talia was right. I feel sexy af. Talia was also able to forget to inform me of my own congrats party. Typical.

I twirl around in front of the full length mirror, the skin tight dress hugging my curves. "How can this shade of green look so good on you?"

I blush at the compliment. "Talia Mar, you genuinely are the best."

She giggles and begins putting a light coat of mascara on my eyelashes. "I know."

Talia stands back to admire her work. "If everyone isn't looking at you the whole time, I'll do as many shots as possible."

"I'm not gunna say yes or no to that one," I chuckle and decide on some black heels to go with the black mini bag.

"I think you've managed to gather more mini bags than I have makeup products. Or music equipment."

"I can't help myself," I say as I admire myself in the mirror.

"You don't need to," Talia whispers in my ear from behind me, placing her hands on my shoulders. "You've come so far and we are all so proud of you. You deserve this and the excessive amount of mini bags."

I smile for what seems like the millionth time that hour. I really did deserve this.

10:00pm

Everyone began to arrive around this time. It was only a small congrats party that consisted of Talia, Freya, Ethan, Josh, Vik, Tobi, JJ, Simon and Harry. After so many things going on, I needed to let loose. Party animal you could say, and no body was gunna bring me down.

As Dave began playing, the girls pulled me in for a group dance, limbs flying everywhere, and this was before any sort of shots. I wrapped my arms around them, smelling a mix of vanilla, Freya, and cherries, Talia; and those scents felt like home. And that was the odd thing, home was more than just a house to me now.

Eventually JJ was handing out the shots, shrieking "Kellllliii" every so often, being swatted away by Vik, who had taken over the music. Everyone was in a separate corner, and I was happy as it meant I didn't have to spend any time with Harry I didn't need to. I was still in awe that he told me we couldn't be friends, but I'd had an interview on freaking This Morning! Emotions were mixed, but all I wanted mixed right now were my drinks.

I went to the table to grab a couple shots, and Josh was grabbing a can of cider. "Hey Mrs popular," Josh smirks, popping open his can and taking a swig.
"Hey Mr Lego," I reply and take a cheeky shot for myself. Josh laughs and then ushers me towards Simon. Simon had a curious but stern look on his face, and I knew this was gunna be a non congratulatory conversation.

"Right, well, you're not gunna like this."

My smile drops. I can feel sweat beading at my forehead. "Oh god, Simon, what?"

He looks to Josh for support, and my heart beats faster every second. "Well, um, look out the window."

I raise my eyebrows, and waddle my way over to the large window, like a baby penguin (heels still weren't my forte) and peer over and look down below.

It was Cassie. And arguing next to her was Harry. Maybe he had actually taken my advice, with the shitty, cringe, chess analogy. Is that all it took for men? Chess?. I cup my hands around my eyes like spy goggles, to get the best look. Eventually, the others began to notice me glued to the window, and ushered over. All of us began to spy on the couple below, as the argument got more heated. "Someone crack open the window, we NEED to hear the gossip!" Talia whisper-shouts. Ethan complies, and gently turns the latch. Ears now pressed to the side, we all listen carefully.

"Harry, what the fuck did I tell you about parties? Especially after that stunt you pulled with that bitch?"

I turn my nose up at the comment.

"Cassie, it's just to celebrate her interview, plus I had to go, everyone is here, I was forced. I didn't want to, I promise. It's already awkward enough that I'd rather be home."

I feel my skin becoming hot, my hands clammy. Is that how Harry truly felt? He wouldn't lie to Cassie, he knows how much power she has over him. He knows she'd find out the truth.

"I don't care Harry, you're not going to anymore parties; especially ones that include homeless skanks who shouldn't be given opportunities in this world. If they can't make their own way that's their problem."

That was it. I was done. I didn't even notice Talia grab my arm, Freya try to grab my shoulder or Josh try get to the door before me. Ethan, Tobi and Vik began to wish prayers to Cassie, due to the upcoming wrath I was about to unleash, and JJ began to hail Satan- or whatever demon possessed me to destroy Cassie; and prayed I was successful. Simon just stood aghast, knowing there was no point trying. He was right. I was unhinged, broken, fuelled.

long time no see, do people still read? if so, thanks!