9

1. Primark 8:47am

The first on Talia's list was said to take the longest. I decided to stick with Freya and Talia until I knew my way around. This place was massive, no wonder people stole from this place. I never could, I wasn't so discreet.

I decided I wanted some tops from Primark. Talia told me beforehand this shop wasn't branded, just cute and cheap clothes and accessories.

After an hour of looking around, Freya had four tops and a pair of jeans.

I had a couple vest tops and a fake hanging plant for my room. I realised how much I loved plants.

Talia insisted we stayed longer, but we were both done and begging to move on. She had a total of ten tops and some cargo trousers.

"Some of this is probably going back," she laughed and dragged us to the fitting rooms.

Each time we all came out in a different top. I wasn't very good at styling, but Talia helped me. I thanked her and we all looked in the large wall mirror that towered to the ceiling.

I gasped at the vest top and Freya's borrowed high waisted shorts. Freya and Talia were stunning even in the simplest of tops. I was very jealous of their expertise in clothing and styling.

"Don't worry babe, you'll definitely find your style today!" Freya assured me.

Talia went back to change and put her cargo trousers in front of me. They were grey and a light neon green. With my white tank top and these trousers I was in love. I was on my way to finding a style.

"This looks amazing Kelli! I'll be back!" And Talia was gone.

We met her back at the queue to pay, when I told her I realised I couldn't pay. My head hung low and my mood had gone down drastically.

To my surprise Talia said she would pay. "Talia! You don't have to. I'll get a job," I say, not wanting to waste her money on someone she barely knows.

She puts a finger to my lips. "Nonsense. I'm paying. End of discussion."

I gave her a sympathetic smile as the queue grew smaller.

2. Gucci 9:52am

"Here's where you splash some cash ladies!" Talia screams.

Freya is in delight and heads straight for shoes.

I stand there in complete shock. This place literally smells of money.

I cannot help myself and run straight to the shirts. I see a nice plain white one which Talia tells me would go nice with light jeans or shorts.

I scan the racks and shelves when my eyes are taken away at the accessories section. I dart towards it and stare in huge delight. It reminds me of my younger self watching my brother get the latest toys and gadgets.

I see the one thing that I cannot resist. That belt is screaming my name and I waste no time grabbing it from the shelf.

I have zero control in this shop. But I will owe this to Talia and get a job to pay her back. It's the least I could do.

In less than twenty minutes, we are all done. Freya has a pair of shoes, a skirt and a new bag. Talia has a purse, a pink belt and a white skirt to match. I ended up with a pair of shoes also, a black belt and a t-shirt. No of them told me their total.

We agree we aren't going there again anytime soon.

3. New look              10:19am

Freya insisted we take our time, we didn't want to miss any deals.

My eyes caught the attention of funny animal socks, and each of us got a pair to remind us of our first shopping trip together. That was Freya's idea, and we all loved it.

I saw some light jeans and some comfortable black shorts. I needed some casual wear for those rainy days.

I saw the girls browsing at cheap bikinis and picked one up for myself. It was blue with a zip in the middle. To give it more jazz I guessed. With my tanned skin I thought it would look nice.

We moved on to accessories, but I wasn't too keen on earrings or necklaces. I decided to wonder off and see if I found anything.

I saw their were some moving stairs and wondered why people would stood still and still reaching the top. I decided to see for myself and stepped on. The jolt pushed me back a little and I quickly grabbed the also moving banister. I laughed to myself at the enjoyment I was having. I waved down below to Talia and Freya and the laughed and waved back, knowing I was having more fun on this than looking around this shop.

I spent most of this shop time going up and down the 'escalator' and getting strange looks from shoppers because I was smiling so much at this simple machine.

4. Selfridges               10:48am

This shop on Oxford street amazed me as it had many brands and all different things to buy. I spotted some Calvin Klein shirts and jumpers, and decided on a jumper. It was black and had the logo imprinted large in the middle.

I picked up some other bits and bobs that I needed, I couldn't borrow Freya's underwear forever.

I turned around to find a pair of bright red and very revealing pair of thin pants. and a very odd bra that had many straps. I giggled and squatted it away from my face as Freya sniggered.

"Could do with one of them, Freya," Talia winked.

I was very confused on what it was. Talia whispered in my ear and when I realised I shouted 'ohh' a bit too loud and Freya covered my mouth with her hand while I was mid laughing.

I watched as both Talia and Freya picked one up. I didn't have anyone to wear it for so didn't bother.

After a long browse I had another jumper, champion and also black, some Levi's sliders, and a few other things.

I wondered past some toys remembering my lack of them in my past. That was probably what compelled me towards them, especially the racing cars. My brother had some similar with a loop and all. I remembered me sneaking into his room when our parents were eating dinner, I would always beat him but he was always very determined.

5. Brandy Melville    11:22am
and Burberry.

I wasn't too fussed on these shops, it was mainly very girly things I wasn't really into that. I decided to have a quick look anyway and was swept into a forest of skirts and cardigans.

I realised these weren't for me and quickly left.

I decided to walk around outside and take a seat on a bench.

My mind began to wonder. I saw many homeless people just like me, only a matter of days ago. I felt useless and powerless now, still with no money and no way to help people who are in need just like I was.

"You've changed."

I turn to my side to see the one woman I thought I'd never see again.