10

"It's good to see you. Very happy for you," she carries on, and I'm a loss for words.

"After all these years and I still don't know your name," I reply, still in awe.

"Hattie," she spoke, her words soft and calming.

Hattie was the one who saved me. She saved my life with her caring ways and I trusted her like no one else. Her kindness allowed me to feel safe with her and no one had ever done that for me. Talia and Freya were some of the kindest girls I met but I still couldn't tell them the things I told her. My family, friends.

She was my safe haven.

"A couple people took me in and saw my desperate need. Without you I wouldn't be were I am today. Thank you," I say, still not knowing how to comprehend this situation.

"Don't thank me sweetheart. You did this on your own."

I smile at her and she returns it. She asks me who I'm living with and I tell her about Josh, Talia, Freya, and the rest of the boys I've met. Hattie tells me how proud she is of me and how they must be very caring people.

"I know this must be hard for you. But all you need to remember from this is;"

"don't be afraid to let people in."

I take this into account. If I want to be good friends with Talia and Freya and anyone in general, I have to be truthful. Talk to them. Because I know that if I don't I'll miss the opportunity and regret it the rest of my life.

Again she saves my life. And once again I will forever be thankful.

She pulls me closer and I lay my head on her shoulder, the smell of dirt and old food not bothering me one bit.

~

After ten minutes or so of silence I heard the bustle and rustle of Talia and and Freya leaving the shops. Both come from different shops, both with a heavy bag. I laugh and wave them over, introducing them to the reason why I'm still here.

Talia and Freya stand in shock when I tell them how I was dying and had no one to go to. I knew it was time to tell people more about me but for now they were enough. I told them about my family, my trust issues, as much as it pained me, they didn't stop listening. Not even when it was half an hour later and we still have a couple shops to go to. I now realised I had three people to be grateful for.

They both shook Hattie's hand and I gave her one last hug. "You'll be okay," she whispers to me and my smile is wider than ever. Before we have a chance to walk away, Talia pulls out a couple hundred pounds from her purse. Hattie notices and can't hold back her tears. I smile and tell her she deserves it, while Talia insists she take the money. This woman truly deserves the best, and Talia was willing to give her a 'small something' to help her back on her feet.

"Ever need a hand, don't hesitate to come by," Talia says and hands Hattie a piece of paper with her address on.

And with that the once mysterious woman was gone. I knew I would see her again.

~

7. Urban                    12:27pm
outfitters